Sign in to follow this  

V&H SS2R and 650R

Anyone ever use a can from another machine on their R? I've got a spare ss2r and have always been happy with the sound and performance. I can mount it up fairly easily with an adaptor to fit the R pipes. How much does it matter if the exhaust isn't made for this specific setup?? I will rejet anyways, but can't see a real problem with a fairly unrestricted can.

I have been told not to bother with the stock exhaust since honda has it pretty much tuned. This was suggested by Baja guys that won their class consistently and that is what pro honda told them. I don't like the look of the large, bottoming out can that is stock. I like custom looks as well and think this SS2R would look sic on the R. Any input for the PC,FMF or anyone else that makes aftermarket would be appreciated. Tossing around any exhaust options.

IMG_2056.jpg

IF ANYONE HAS INFO ON THIS BIKE PLEASE PM OR RESPOND. IT IS ON A BUNCH OF WEBSITES AND PICS OF THE 07 BAJA. ITS STICKERS WERE HOT PINK AND WAS SPONSERED "BAJA FOR BREAST CANCER":ride: