Sign in to follow this  

2001 XR200 Project.

I recently crashed my XR200 pretty badly. I busted the left case very severely and bent the frame and busted the rear shock. For prevention of bottoming out in the future I want to retrofit some kind of swingarm with a disc brake and some different forks to this bad boy too. Anyone have any good ideas or suggestions to what I can use and where to get it. I know mainly Ebay.

-I was thinking somewhere along the lines of a whole XR650 rear suspension setup. Swingarm, shock and all, like the other guy on this forum (name slips my mind right now).

-Im also thinking about a 1984 CR250 front end. Id like to leave the CR and XR wheels and tires on them too.

-I think my dad is going to slug and re-do the frame because I flattened the bottom right part of the basket into the case. Just needs a piece about 5-6" long rewelded into it.

- I havent got to split the cases yet. Gonna let the old man do it, he wants it taken apart in a certain way and not just crap strewn about everywhere from the tranny and stuff. From what I gather from the top end, the engine shutoff when the bike was flipping. The lobes and rocker arms looked nice and not scorched or anything. Should be a fun build.

- I plan on re-painting the frame, and Im kind of thinking about doing a different color other than the stock silver. Any suggestions on the color would be nice as well.

Suggestions are welcome.

-I was thinking somewhere along the lines of a whole XR650 rear suspension setup. Swingarm, shock and all, like the other guy on this forum (name slips my mind right now).

YogiBear

-Im also thinking about a 1984 CR250 front end. Id like to leave the CR and XR wheels and tires on them too.

Also look into the late-1980s CR and XR forks. Their cartridge fork and use the same bearings as the early 1980s stuff. The difference between cartridge and non-cartridge is significant.

Ebay is loaded with CR and XR parts. Much of the 1980s stuff is super cheap!

Good luck!