Sign in to follow this  

Who's Got A Rr Ride Report

Thinking of trying to get up to RR on Sat. for a few hours. Was wondering if anyone has been up there in the last few days and if so how are the conditions. Good trails - trails to avoid so on. Going solo if I go so anyone wants to meet up that would be great.

We were over on the other side of 67 a few days ago (717) in the burn area. Most of the trails were clear in the burn area, but as soon as you got in the covered woods, the north sides were snow and ice. Nothing impassable, but made for some slow going in spots. I'm guessing RR would be the same condition.

I read on another board that most of the trails are snow/ice free and it's great riding (though dusty). We don't have time to go there on Saturday, so we're headed to Watkins for the day.

I read on another board that most of the trails are snow/ice free and it's great riding (though dusty). We don't have time to go there on Saturday, so we're headed to Watkins for the day.

SRAC motocross at Watkins this weekend. They have specific practices from 10 to 2 on Saturday and race on Sunday. GO to www.srac.org

Suzy, you guys should come on up to VDR. Much, much better than Watkins IMHO. Plus plenty more stuff to ride than Watkins.

We are trying to decide if we want to go to the track (for the millionth time this winter) or go ride Left Hand for the day.

yeah, I love VDR! Thing is, I am super nervous about using my new hitch hauler.... so I want to keep the drive short, until I am certain my bike isn't going to magically fly off of it.

Oh and thanks for letting me know about the race time.... look like it will be late afternoon riding for us.

yeah, I love VDR! Thing is, I am super nervous about using my new hitch hauler....

Ahhh, yea I was too when I first had mine, but after the first set of railroad tracks I went over a bit too fast and watched the bike barely move I was convinced that the hitch rack is very tough & reliable.

FYI ... I just returned from Moab, first long trip with my Xterra and hitch hauler...I unwillingly got into some heavy 4wheeling, actually bent the hauler a few degrees, mangled it many times, hit road bumps doing 60mph, etc, etc...

The Bike never moved an inch (though my gascan is in Utah somewhere)

Rest asssures, as long as you strap it down good, you should feel confident in your hitch hualer

Have a great ride everyone!!!!

FYI ... I just returned from Moab, first long trip with my Xterra and hitch hauler...I unwillingly got into some heavy 4wheeling, actually bent the hauler a few degrees, mangled it many times, hit road bumps doing 60mph, etc, etc...

The Bike never moved an inch (though my gascan is in Utah somewhere)

Rest asssures, as long as you strap it down good, you should feel confident in your hitch hualer

Have a great ride everyone!!!!

How was the weather and trails?

Brian, I am really sorry I hijacked your Rampart Range thread! You can :usa: next time we :thumbsup: .

Heading to Berthoud since I learned that Watkins is closed all day to non-racers. I didn't understand that earlier, and thank you for the information. I'm the super slow one on the really cool, decal free Honda:

CRF250X017.jpg