Sign in to follow this  

Need Some Advice

Just about to split the cases on a 2002 cr 125. This will be my first time doing this on a Honda. Have done a several crank replacements on some YZ's. Is there anything special I need to know about this particular make and model when it comes to splitting the cases or pulling them back together? Any and all help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Just about to split the cases on a 2002 cr 125. This will be my first time doing this on a Honda. Have done a several crank replacements on some YZ's. Is there anything special I need to know about this particular make and model when it comes to splitting the cases or pulling them back together? Any and all help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Same thing, you may need a FW puller...I think their different then the YZ puller.

Hondas are great, no special knowledge required. My only advice is to heat the cases prior to assembly, the crank bearings will drop right in.

I also like to put a little grease or anti-seize on the case dowel pins to make future splittings much easier.