Sign in to follow this  

Side Door on 6x12 Enclosed?

Just picked up an eclosed trailer and it doesnt have the side door. Has anyone installed one of these or know a good place to get them at? Thanks:thumbsup:

Just picked up an eclosed trailer and it doesnt have the side door. Has anyone installed one of these or know a good place to get them at? Thanks:thumbsup:

Should be easy enough. You will have to frame it in. The wall studs are spaced at 16" OC, just like a house. There is several types of doors, the industrial type lock, ie cam lock, or the "RV" style. If you plan on staying inside, get the RV type. I like it anyway, easier to open and close. But not as secure as the cam lock.

On my universal trailer it was already framed in. The door was an option. It had the latch punched out too. All they did was cut the skin and mount he door. They added a little diamond plate and the door in less than an hour. See if the manufacturer will add it for you for the clean factory look.

thanks guys for the replys. I am working on getting the shelving started next week and then the door. Just having trouble finding them online anywhere.

I took mine to a trailer sales place and they put in a door for me. Lotsa choices in width, latches, etc.

I have a "brand" new RV side door.

I installed it on the RV, but it would not fit right and took it right off.

Has the screen door and full frame with it.

Lemme know if you need pics.

I have a "brand" new RV side door.

I installed it on the RV, but it would not fit right and took it right off.

Has the screen door and full frame with it.

Lemme know if you need pics.

Cargo trailer "RV style" doors are shorter than a true RV door.