Sign in to follow this  

KDX 200 spooge

I am looking to buy a 2004 KDX 200. It is all stock, lightly used......minimal paint rubbed off frame and original tires look almost new. It does have alot of spooge dripping from where the pipe and silencer connect.....dripping to the front right swingarm. My question is....is this a potential serious issue? or just a mixture/jetting issue. The bike is on consignment at a dealership so I cant get much info about it..

Thanks for any thoughts!

Spooge is a jetting issue, the bikes are very very rich from the factory. Spooge = good if you are buying as the motor clearly had lots of lube.

GREAT trail bike, great motor, great fun! Good luck!

Not a big deal but but if you do buy sort the jetting out and give the power valves a good clean out .

It's almost impossible to have a spooge-free KDX. Lean it out to much and then you have the problem of wrong burn and spark plugs fouling. Another option is to go to a higher, say 40:1, mix ratio. My bike has little spooge where you mention (like a few drips after a ride on the swing arm), but cleans up easily and I kind of like the reminder that it 's a 2T, and a little spooge doesn't hurt. I mix at 32:1 How much spooge are you seeing? Is it alot after each ride? If so, then may want to go to 40:1 mix.