Sign in to follow this  

Skf Ball Bearings

Just looking for opinion

local bearing house has SKF #6203 & 6205 ball bearings in stock OR should I go ahead and order stock NTN bearings from honda for my 1995 CR250R???

I know SKF bearings are very high quality.

THANKS!!!

I've used SKF in a lot of industrial stuff. I've had very good luck with them. I bet they're the same or better quality , as the NTN

I've used SKF in a lot of industrial stuff. I've had very good luck with them. I bet they're the same or better quality , as the NTN

Definitely as good or better than the NTN. If they are in a tranny, you probably want open bearings, not sealed or shielded.

AllBalls bearings all the way!

Most Allballs are Chinese crap. SKF is pretty good. Use ABEC-3 or better and you can't go wrong.

SKF, NTN, FAG, Timken, Torrington are all top quality brands for the US side. Koyo and NOK are top quality brands from the Japanese side and are the OEM, along with NTN, for Honda's bearings.

Most Allballs are Chinese crap. SKF is pretty good. Use ABEC-3 or better and you can't go wrong.

SKF, NTN, FAG, Timken, Torrington are all top quality brands for the US side. Koyo and NOK are top quality brands from the Japanese side and are the OEM, along with NTN, for Honda's bearings.

Well I have never had an AllBalls bearing fail yet!

Well I have never had an AllBalls bearing fail yet!

Lost two Moose bearings (relabeled All Balls) in my linkage. They failed within very few hours of installation. The races shattered. They were made in China. Went back to OEM (IKO in this case) and everything seems good so far. My Moose crank bearings (also a relabeled All Balls product) are holding up just fine. All Balls uses KOYO bearings in their crank bearing kits which are the same as OEM. They know that no Chinese bearing will hold up in this application and they know the cost of failure if a bearing lets go in this application.

For future reference, if there is no country of origin label on a bearing or seal then it is made in China. In fact, if you contact a Chinese manufacturer you have the option to order bearings and seals without a country of origin.

Not to nitpick, but most of those companies "for the US side" manufacture product off shore. SKF isn't even US owned and NTN is Japanese. Timken and Torrington are long standing US bearing companies but, again, do manufacture overseas as well. Most Chinese bearings are junk. Not all, but most. I won't buy Chinese bearings (or anything else) IF I can avoid it. Japanese and US and European bearings are generally decent quality.

Thanks to everyone!

when I worked in a motor repair shop we never had problems skf / torrington bearings, never!!!

just like to support local business when i can, so buy skf bearings over online ordering from honda.

the local honda dealer is hosed.

usually buying the skf bearings for my car, and my bike, mostly because they have almost everything in stock, and the momentum bearing shop is like 15 min drive from my house :thumbsup:

Never had any fail with skf's bearings.