Sign in to follow this  

World Enduro Canada anybody!!!

I wanted to put a call out to the guys or gals heading to the World Enduro Canada rounds in the Okanagan and Alberta this July. I live in Powell River BC on the west coast and will be competing in both the western Canadian rounds. I am hoping there is some more westerners that plan on heading to these events??

I wanted to start a thread on the WEC program in hopes of getting more people aware of these races, to get more information and maybe share some of it with you!!! So if you plan on hitting these events this year i would love to hear from ya and if you hadn't heard of these races maybe i can let ya know more.

Your best bet for all the up to date info would be to visit the WEC site:thumbsup:

http://www.worldendurocanada.com/

Yaaaa i am aware of the previous thread with a similar theme, i was hoping for some feedback from riders actually attending. not just HUH that sounds neat !!!

also Monkey wrench what is this? i have never heard of this race, granted i am new to the racing world and could use a lttle help where is it located and what style of racing is it??

It's part of the PNWMA series. Cross country race in the mountains around Lytton. You're climbing or decending pretty much the whole race. Probably the best single track trail system in BC.

There's races pretty much every weekend in the spring and fall. Hare scrambles and cross country's

http://www.pnwma.com/menu.html

Come check them out, heaps of fun :)

I am going to the one in BC if I pass my Drivers licence test for sure. But like said before the MonkeyWrench sounds like an awsome race.

Monkeywrench sounds sweeet count me in!! I guess I will have to wait till 2010 for when they re schedule the race to not coincide with the Alberta WEC. From what you say it sounds a lot like Powell River either up or down wet rooted and rutted!! I am thinkin it is even worth a trip up to Lyton this summer just to check it out!!!

Thanks for the site and the info.

You should check out the race in Squamish on April 26, close to home for you.

If you plan on going to Onion Lk (Lytton) area this year sometime shoot me a PM. I live in Pemberton, only 2.5hrs to the staging area so I ride there quite often when not racing. You really want to go spring or fall as it gets REAL DUSTY in the summer. Basically after the Monkeywrench untill September is to dusty unless you get a bunch of rain. And it doesn't rain here much as you're in desert country.

Even the weekend of the Monkeywrench can be a dust fest but the traction is still usually there unlike the summer when the Duff get really deep.

i'll be at the lytton race then hang out around kamloops on the way to wec race at apex im from the island so its a awsome road trip well see you at squamish the bent spoke was awsome.

i'll be at the lytton race then hang out around kamloops on the way to wec race at apex im from the island so its a awsome road trip well see you at squamish the bent spoke was awsome.

Cool we'll see you in Squamish, closest race possible for me, won't even have to camp.

No Bent Spoke for me and won't make The Big Kahuna either as I'm still out of town working. I'm free after April 12 though :)

Sorry off topic, but Tribalbc got me thinking about Onion Lake and Riverside trail, 1000 ft, Gully Wump, foots trail, Axe Lips, KTM Country, and the list goes on. Monkeywrench is a great introduction to the area and don't forget to put your 1$ per riding day donation into the green boxes at the trail heads.

WOW the event list goes on!!!! there is more racing here than i thought. Onion lake i have heard of and planned to go in October with a friend from Squam.. I will PM you with some dates i am sure you could show a guy a trail or two, thanks for the heads up on all the other racing it looks as though i will have to plan my schedule very carefully. I want a full race schedule next year but i wanted to start of with the WEC events this year . I am still pondering making the complete cross Canada tour !!!

Speaking of great places to ride, I have to say coming up to Powell River is defiantly worth the trip. We boast hundreds of miles of logging roads leading out to the wildest back country you will ever see!(we rival Yosemite National Park) all these roads give access to thousands of trails, we have been one of the largest logging towns since the early 1900's. So there is plenty of places to ride plus it can be as easy or as hard as you want to give. There is a lot of quaders out here something like 600 (way to many) i would love to get the two wheel community up in numbers !!!! give it a thought you wont be disappointed

I'm going to mix it up a bit this year. There is an enduro cross in Idaho the first weekend in May we are going to. Also planing on the piston run, Montana national enduro, monkey wrench and wec. that will a busy four weekends in a row!