Sign in to follow this  

Hb2151

Just got a email from Rep Gary Alexander's office that HB2151 is DEAD, here is the note:

Thank you for your email. It doesn't appear that a board of commission bill will pass this legislative session. It is more likely that issue will be studied during the interim. I don't know what the changes will be, but you should expect changes.

Yep, every ORV related bill is dead except for the two budget bills.

We still need to keep an eye on HB1216 and SB5222.

Rumor has it that the plan is to screw us out of our NOVA funds :)

Rumor has it that the plan is to screw us out of our NOVA funds :banghead:
That sounds "illegal"...

:)

How the :banghead: can they missapropriate funds over and over and get away with it?

That sounds "illegal"...

:)

How the :banghead: can they missapropriate funds over and over and get away with it?

a few years back CA did the same thing. Confiscated the funds, then were sued...now CA is under court order to pay it all back. Lawyers paying lawyers. These yo-yo's all hang out in the florida keys sippin mojito's for a job not done...

That sounds "illegal"

That's the way I see it :)

The legilsature can make whatever laws (revisions to the Revised Code of Washington) they want regardless of whether then are preceived as legal or not.

If anyone feels that those laws are illegal, then they can either request the Legislature change the law or they can file a lawsuit against the State.

• Like 1

Annually, how much is in the NOVA fund? I know, I'm being lazy

Just pulling numbers from a dark damp place:moon: , as I recall its about $3.5m a year with about $1.5m skimmed straight off the top for the DNR.

Just pulling numbers from a dark damp place:moon: , as I recall its about $3.5m a year with about $1.5m skimmed straight off the top for the DNR.

That is just great. What the heck. I really dislike being screwed by the people who are suppose to look out for our best interest. I guess we can be happy that the bills did not pass?

Even the states own workers and unions are suing the governor over law she has ignored.

I really dislike being screwed by the people who are suppose to look out for our best interest.

It sucks, but it does not alway have to turn out that way.

Last year we made a big enough stink over a ban on new trails snuck into the budget bill to get the Governor to line item veto the language.

Because this is about $$$$$ and the Gov likes our money, it will be a tougher fight. When the legislature tips their hand and I get to see the actual words, be ready to go to battle again.

It sucks, but it does not alway have to turn out that way.

Last year we made a big enough stink over a ban on new trails snuck into the budget bill to get the Governor to line item veto the language.

Because this is about $$$$$ and the Gov likes our money, it will be a tougher fight. When the legislature tips their hand and I get to see the actual words, be ready to go to battle again.

Lookin more and more like we paid for that line item veto with our NOVA funds...who threw us under the bus?

Lookin more and more like we paid for that line item veto with our NOVA funds...who threw us under the bus?

You can start the list with Senator Karen Fraser.

Right now nothing is in writing, just rumors flying, but Fraser is the bill sponsor, chairman of the Senate Ways and Means Committee and the auther of the anti-ORV language that the Governor vetoed last year.

Fraser, Kline, etc will continue to push anti OHV legislation because of vocal constituents/sponsors pushing them, or lobbyist. Our only recourse is to find and present information that would show such legislation would be detrimental to their reputation and/or reelection. So far so good but it appears the battle is heating up because the sponsors are repositioning for another run, perhaps as an attachment to a popular bill.

We need to get more proactive, we need a more consolidated approach involving all OHV users, perhaps even including the horse and the mountain bike folks. The rally was great way to show support from trail users, I'm sorry I missed it but I was out of state.

Fraser, Kline, etc will continue to push anti OHV legislation because of vocal constituents/sponsors pushing them, or lobbyist. Our only recourse is to find and present information that would show such legislation would be detrimental to their reputation and/or reelection.

Fraser is the biggest threat at the moment because she chairs the Senate Ways and Means Committee. That committee is resposible for the Senate version of the budget.

We are currently not big enough players in their game to get them to change their ways. Ar best short term approach is to educate and communicate with the rest of the Senate Ways and Means Committee and the House Capital Budget Committee.

So far so good but it appears the battle is heating up because the sponsors are repositioning for another run, perhaps as an attachment to a popular bill.

The attach on our NOVA funds will be written into the budget legislation.

House Bill HB1216 and Senate Bill SB5222.

We need to get more proactive, we need a more consolidated approach involving all OHV users, perhaps even including the horse and the mountain bike folks. The rally was great way to show support from trail users, I'm sorry I missed it but I was out of state.

Support WOHVA :usa:

Become a member and/or donate money. :thumbsup: