Sign in to follow this  

how can i wake up my 200

hey guys i got this 06 200 xc w and i think its lacking alot in the power department im just wondering what i should do to wake up the motor

I have an 04' thats bezerko fast and hits harder than my 300.Its not as fast but it for dang sure feels faster when its screaming and wheeling up the trail!! I have actually tried (Unsuccesfully) to dial out some of its anger with the powervalve settings (Also not a success) and have decided that a fly wheel wieght is the only way to tame that Lil' Bastard.

Now when you say yours isnt strong is it the low end off idle chug or lack thereof that you are after?

Is the bike making proper compression? How old are the rings/piston?

Is it jetted right for your altitude?

Little more info and you can get lots of help here.

I would say let the board know the year of the bike, how many hours on its current top end, gearing and what jetting is in the bike.

Not to sound like a dick but is the airfilter clean or been cleaned recently?

has it had a top end done recently? I ask because a friend bought an 06 in Nov of last year, rode it till recently, looking for more power, installed V force reeds, then to jetting. Come to find out when I rode it, the PV wasn't opening. It had not been hooked up when the previous owner did the top end before he bought the bike.

What else can you tell us about the bike, is it stock, mods, jetting, etc.???

I would start by making sure the PV assembly is hooked up correctly.

I couldn't wake my 200 so I parked my 450R right next to her. Waited until early morning and cranked up the 450. The 200 was wide awake after that!!!

LOL

If everything is in good shape and working properly as advised above then think about porting and head mods. Lots of guys have had Munn Racing or Slavens do the mods, I used J-Bone motorworks. Added lots of meat on the bottom and mid with no cost to the top. He says he can add power wherever you need (within reason). I'm very happy with the results.