Sign in to follow this  

someone help - jumping

im a 12 year old kid, and i have a ttr 125 ,

and all my friends have more advanced bikes but they know how to jump i dont . so if anyone could help i would like some tips on jumping, and how to jump, and what 2 jump. someone please help

Jumping is easy to start out with. Don't try whipping, seat bouncing, etc. yet just ride up to the jump face at a steady speed and grip the bike with your knees while standing. Keep your body centered over the bike and off you go. Start out slow until you get the hang of what the bike will do in the air. Try to land with the back tire hitting the ground first (especially on flat landings) and stay on the gas. As you advance jumpng you can position the bike in the air with the rear brake and throttle. If the front end is dipping give it a little throttle to straighten the bike out and if the front end is lifting tap the rear brake to bring the front end down and even out.

Start out slow and work your way up. Jumping is fun but can also be dangerous so work at it at your own pace and be safe.

I would search the MX Riding Technique section. There is tons of information on this. Even if you don't want to search I'm sure you will get more responses if posted this over there.

Start small then work your way up and stay balanced in the air. Remember, it's not the bike it's the rider.

Heres a good tip.

Do NOT let off the gas on the face of a jump. It isn't a good idea. Haha

Heres a good tip.

2 strokes aernt so bad. but a 4 stroke will guarantee you land nose heavy if you let off on the lip.

I think its best to learn this tip the hard way. its not bad if hes starting on a 2-5 foot jump. I assume hes not going for the 200 foot gap this time around.

Heres a good tip.

best advice ive ever gotten when i was a kid ( well younger)

FC,

Everything everyone has suggested is great stuff. Think about it and then go try it for yourself. Yami and Nasty bring up good points. I would only add that when you do this start out small and work yourself up. Have fun and stay safe. One bad experience and it will shake your confidence. Not worth it. FOR FUN, watch this video:

http://motocross.transworld.net/2008/09/10/texas-grudge-match/

I would say that Ivan Tedesco is an okay rider, huh? :thumbsup: he is doing great and having fun on a big trail bike! It's all personal skill so take your time and have fun learning. Summer is only starting. Don't rush it. You'll be doing great much sooner than you think. Patience and have fun!