Sign in to follow this  

front tire make a difference?

does replacing the front tire with a different style or with more tread really make a noticeable difference? or would it more beneficial to get a steering stabilizer?

this is my current tire. starcross ms2

photo1361.jpg

Im not a real fan of washing out, and I hear that turning is a pretty necessary capability to have :)

I would replace it.

i went from a old worn out OEM installed tire to a new pirelli it made a huge difference, that tire doesn't look very worn? but if its meant for totally different conditions then you ride maybe changing to a more appropriate tire would make sense.

I replace my front tire when it loses it's sharp edges. Tires are cheaper than knee surgery.

The correct front tire for your conditions can turn your bike into a whole different machine. The wrong tire can get you hurt.

That tire is beat!! Pick up a pirrelli mt21. you won't know what to do with yourself with all that traction!

That tire is beat!! Pick up a pirrelli mt21. you won't know what to do with yourself with all that traction!

Thats if you are riding softer soil,Not hard pack.

well the thing is, i have a dunlop 756 rear, because i ride in sandy, loose rocky, areas and some trails with semi-hardpack with loose dirt, like sometimes fire roads

so i ride in about every condition, because reno has such a wide variety of riding, in the desert.

what would you all say would be a great overall tire for mainly loose dirt/sandy/some hardpack