Sign in to follow this  

wow im disgusted

sooo i was in the chat room and almost everyone in there either said that they ride on the road, or that its ok to ride on the road, on MOTOCROSS bikes. not a street legal bike. and then people wonder and complain why riding areas get closed... idiots. :lol: :lol: :lol::):banghead: :banghead: :foul::p:busted::crazy::lol: :lol: :lol:

i agree completely!! thank you! haha. i live just a few miles from my local track and im out in the country. more ppl out here use quads for drivin on the streets than in the dirt. not so much dirt bikes but quads. i have seen both tho. every quad i do see tho, in town and out of it, i always pull them over if i can and ask them what the 'warning label' on the fenders say? i love hearin reactions when then try to explain why it says 'off road use only'. i am fortunate to live in an area where my riding isnt terribly affected YET. it is happening tho, i do love to ride ditches from time to time especially after it rains and the track is to muddy to ride. but whenever i do, even tho its perfectly legal (mom is a lawyer and looked into it for me :) ) i still get hasseled for it from law enforcement. but they get mad when i explain that its legal and they cant do anything. theres always gona b stupid ppl out there doin stuff ppl dont like, we just have to do our part to let those ppl know not everyone is stupid and dont take riding for granted.

I've ridden down my street before when I need to check stuff and tune, not down any major highways or anything like that, I'm sure these people arent going down major roads during traffic or anything. I am not condoning it but I am just saying.

well it really just depends on where you live. Me for instance i live out in the country. At least once a day you hear somebody on a bike or quad go past my house on the road. Personally i love it, the more the maryier(sp). As long as your not riding at 3am or sitting in front of somebody's house doing a burnout everybody seems cool. To me its fine to ride on the road responsibly.

Yea its usually not the brightest/most mature batch in there haha.

i live in town and there is always people on quads and dirtbikes. i take mine out once in a great while to the mountain bike trails by my house. the neighboring town in ks made it legal for quads to be ridden on the streets. i dunno bout dirtbikes tho.

I try to stay out of the LiveChat :)

i didnt even know there was a live chat....

I ride some back roads to get to trails and the coppers never give me any trouble. I don't see how I am causing riding areas to close? :)

I don't see how I am causing riding areas to close? :)

like where i live... there hasnt been any areas open to riding to be closed down...

I go to live chat and the only reason I go on roads is to get from trail to trail. There roads in the middle of nowhere too where nobody cares.

well it really just depends on where you live. Me for instance i live out in the country. At least once a day you hear somebody on a bike or quad go past my house on the road. Personally i love it, the more the maryier(sp). As long as your not riding at 3am or sitting in front of somebody's house doing a burnout everybody seems cool. To me its fine to ride on the road responsibly.

i totally agree. if none of the neighbors care, and ur sure of it, not "oh most of them dont care", then go ahead. but if they do care, and they keep calling about it, it doesnt make us look very good and it sure doesnt help keep riding areas opened. and around here, only three of my neighbors care on my entire street. but, thats enough, so i dont ride it at all. i start it up for 15-20 seconds after i wash it and thats it. if they have a problem with that, then at that point i say u know what **** it and ill go beat the shit out of all three of them myself. :):banghead::p:busted::banghead::foul:

like where i live... there hasnt been any areas open to riding to be closed down...

Momentary change of subject: there are riding areas all over Missouri, where abouts do you live?

sw corner in joplin. far as my town there isnt any places to ride except snowball (chat area with trails) but whenever someone gets hurt there it gets closed down, but usually reopens to the public later on. there is a small track in baxter ks, noell mo and halltown mo. those are the closest. i doubt they will get closed down due to people riding on the streets. i go to the track in halltown alot. its about 50 miles from where i live and bout as far as ill drive to go to ride.

sw corner in joplin. far as my town there isnt any places to ride except snowball (chat area with trails) but whenever someone gets hurt there it gets closed down, but usually reopens to the public later on. there is a small track in baxter ks, noell mo and halltown mo. those are the closest. i doubt they will get closed down due to people riding on the streets. i go to the track in halltown alot. its about 50 miles from where i live and bout as far as ill drive to go to ride.

I live not too far from Halltown, bout 20 miles away. Been by the Noel track on a street bike ride, looks like a cool place.

I ride almost entirely at Chadwick, doubt it'll get closed by people riding dirt bikes on the street either.:)

How does riding on the road get a riding area closed? Perhaps it's an ungodly loud four stroke bike or quad that's the cause. I ride mine around my neighborhood and even got a cherry 93 WR250 that has lights and I'm slapping the tag off my RZ350 to ride around. I was playing around in my front yard after putting in a different pilot jet a few weeks back and some community watch pulled right up in front and stopped so I went over to him and gave him the thousand yard stare and he decided not to push it. I wasn't flogging it I was just checking the throttle response. I keep a nice yard, pay my mortgage and only owe a little over 3 years on my house, so if I want to tootle in my yard or a little up the street I'm going to do it. brrraaaap

Craigus

I ride occasionally to a buddies house via road. But I'm always being careful and responsible, the cops don't mind as long as you have a helmet and are being safe and responsible.