Sign in to follow this  

MCCT install question

Can anyone tell me if its possible to install the MCCT without talking the muffler off? I know thats the ideal way but I am hoping I don't have to, anyone know if there is an alternate route?

Only thing I did was unbolt the black box. Didn't even remove it and I probably could have left that alone.

Bionic, how did you move the black box out of the way? I have my tank off and powerbomb header.

Removed the bolt, and slid it back about inch and a half. With the tank off, it's not too bad. I actually had more trouble getting the stock CCT out than I did installing the new one. I know the video says not to do it, but you can thread the bolt in about half-way, slide it in the hole, back the bolt out again, and tighten the side bolts. Just PLEASE remember to back it out again BEFORE tightening the side bolts. Also, double check the black box when reinstalling to make sure none of the three hoses have come off.

:)

Correct. I used an allen socket and a short handle allen wrench. I stuck the long side of the "L" in the bolt head and used a 1/4 inch extension with a socket on the other end to get some leverage. That and a couple of "magic words" got it done.

I take it you guys had small allen head wrenches as opposed to T handle type?

Used my "L" shaped set for this job. As a tip, you may already know, lots of "do it yourself" furniture (cheap bastards like me have in their homes) comes with the right size "L" shape allen wrench. 5mm? Sorry, can't remember exactly.

I take it you guys had small allen head wrenches as opposed to T handle type?

I used an allen head L wrench and sawed one end off to make it easy to get in there...I loosend the black box but I don't think I really needed to..just took a little time to do small turns on the allen bolts.

I didn't remove any plastics or the tank. Just pulled the bolt for the black box, pushed it out of the way, then did the swap. Used L shaped allens like the others. Had it done in 10 minutes.

Oh you did just fine :thumbsup: ..... When I did mine I just bolted it right up and used the "L" looking like Allen wrenchs:thumbsup:

Have fun with the new power too with your exhaust:banana: :usa::lol: :lol: :D