Sign in to follow this  

2002 XR 400 modded!!

I have an 02 XR 400 for sale in the classified section. I have done several things to it. It has the A-Loop kit, monster energy graphics, fmf pipe, custom number plate backgrounds, moose barkbusters, eibach rear spring, cyclops headlight. Everyone talks about how great the XR4s are, but when I try to sell it, I cant seem to give the thing away. I would like to get 1850 from it, but so far my highest offer is 1400. I am wanting to get a KTM 400 EXC. Please help, it is a great running bike in great shape. It has been garage kept. Are these things so outdated that noone wants them or what? I understand that it is outdated when compared to most woods machines, but it is still one of the most reliable machines ever built, period. Check the link:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=48852&cat=2

Why not replace the stock tank/seat and sell you aloop kit, that would probably make up the difference.

That is a sharp looking bike.

this just in...the economy sucks.....the bike...any bike is only worth what you can get....keep her

this just in...the economy sucks.

Ditto. My YZ has been for sale for a year now with price reductions along the way. Is 2 grand too much to ask for my 426? I refuse to take more than a $1000 loss when I've only ridden it 5 times. BAH! :banghead:

Hang on to it & keep advertising. Eventually an XR enthusiast will snatch it up at that price. Would you trade with me if I paint my yammie orange? :)

I dont have the stock stuff for it. The guy I bought the bike from put the stock stuff on another bike he had. You are absolutely right, the economy does suck! I would keep it, but it just doesnt handle worth a crap and I dont want to sink a bunch more cash into it.

usd forks would be a big start...and cheaper in the long run than a new bike

I had a set up like yours with the SRC fork brace, resprung and revalved and then I went to this:

120743521.jpg

Huge difference in how the bike handled. Was able to go faster without feeling like I was riding over my head............and I would say I am a pretty fast advanced rider.

I am looking for an xr4 In that price range right now. I wish you were closer to Mi. Try listing on craigslists.:)

same thing here i got rid of mine pretty cheap..heck my bike had more $ in mods than I think i sold it for.. lucky for me the original owner paid for most of them. i also had many ridiculous lowball offers.

on the other hand around here there are so many 250 strokes for $1500 and under and lots of plated ktms's around or under $2,500. basiclly when you a buy any year xr400 you are buying "1996" technoligy and even in 1996 they where dated tech. so unless you really really really have to have a xr400 they are just hard to justify the cost.

Hey Daren, that's a nice looking bike. But by your own words "it doesn't handle worth a crap". It probably handles like an XR400. Understand all the go fast plastic and stickers are a turn off to a lot of people like me. I would rather have my 02 XR400, because I spent my money on things like suspension, a skid plate, disc guards, larger foot pegs and other functional items. Plus I have a large tank that I can change out to use for long rides. And mines plated so it can be dual sported. You need to realize that these bikes are trail bikes and great ones at that. But they are not race bikes and everyone knows it. What do you see when you look at yours? Get it back closer to stock and I'm sure it will sell. If I sound harsh, I apologise as I don't mean any disrespect. But most of the potential XR buyers want an XR for what it is not what it isn't.

part it out, i will glady wanna pay for some part of your bike!!:thumbsup:

daryl

Agreed, you will get more money for it, if you part it out.