Sign in to follow this  

09 Crf 450 is smokin' thanks to all @ Thumpertalk

Well its time for the first race of the season on the new 09 450f this weekend. Stepped up from a 07 CRF 250f with 08 cam, HGS pipe and MB1 suspesnsion which was an absolute peach to ride over the last year. Over the winter I got the chance to test ride the 09 CRF 450 and it blew me away with the way it just falls into a corner and turns like no other bike I have ridden in twenty years. So I had to have it. After a few sessions it was clear that the suspension needed some serious work to balance out the undersprung front end to the susprisingly decent backend setup for my weight (192lbs). Well Thumpertalk is the best place for the latest info on your chosen steed so I studied the forum and went for a Factory Connection revalve and Eddies remap.

This involved a family vacation to California from Ireland with me explaining why I had half of my bike on the plane to customs and the rest of the family:smirk:

I have to say the service from OTD Cycle sports and Factory Connection was outstanding.Everything was delivered as promised in a very short time scale so thanks guys.

I got home and put it all together and have been out on two of the most challenging tracks in Ireland and the bike is now really the best mx bike I have ever owned for power delivery and handling.

My friends have commented on how much my riding has improved but to be honest this thing is almost an unfair advantage after you sort the minor issues with Eddies magic and Factory Connnections wizardry on the suspension.

No more flat top end (Thanks Eddie) and the plushest suspension for mx setup I have had the pleasure to experience. At first I thought this stuff is very soft plush but pushing the suspension just makes it perform better the harder you attack the terrain. The gate drops this sunday on a new season and I cannot wait.

Thanks all for this great forum.

Roll on Sunday:thumbsup:

• Like 1