Sign in to follow this  

alpinstar boots sizing and tech 6s

need new boots i love my tech 6 does anyone have a set of tech 7s to compare them too? how about sizing im a size 8 in the tech 6 but a size 9 in tech 8s with the bootie....anyone know where to get a set of new tech 6s ? any help will be appreciated

I just went to the T7 from a pair of T6s. I have a real wide foot and the T7s were the only boot I could comfortably fit into. I found the T8s and T10s were both way too tight. I tried on about every brand out there without a care for cost and the T7s were the way to go for me. I went through the same drill with the T6s- only boot that fit in width. Not sure if there any T6s out there anymore, but I'm completely happy with the T7s. In fact, I'm likeing them more than the the old pair now that they started to loosen up a bit.

It did take a little getting used to using my rear brake. Seems I need to rotate my foot in a little more-maybe the shape of the boot? I don't even notice that now though.

My only beef is with the buckles. They seem to stick sometimes when removing the boot. They pop open fine, but don't always fully release the pin from the slot. I expect this will improve as I break them in a little more.

I have a pair of hammered T6s in a size 13 for you can have! The dog won't even go near them though.:)