Summer 08 3 day trip with the Girlfriend

This is very late we rode for 3 days in late july. All in all 365 miles in 3 days.

We started just south of baldwin and rode up though boone. It was very fun but the mosquitos were down right awful.

Setting up the tent

047.jpg

We froze water in my camelbac and stuck fozen steaks around it Man they were good after 130 mile day.

048.jpg

How I got fire wood

049.jpg

After a day ridding still pretty good looking if you ask me

051.jpg

Trying to cook popcorn from the gas station. This is the old style of pop corn poper with the foil around the corn. NOTE to self this went up in a flame do not try again.

056.jpg

Camp with my bike crf250x and hers crf230f and tent

057.jpg

Who would of thought that you stay warm when your sleeping bag is rightsideout not inside out. Notice on the left the the blue (right way) Right side (incorrect) and very very cold I was hot that night it was only low 50s.

065.jpg

Breakfast the next day She made me pancakes ohh yeah

059.jpg

The cakes

060.jpg

The proud cook

061.jpg

The happy eater?

062.jpg

Warming boots up and making her breakfast

064.jpg

• Like 1

Tent

066.jpg

Bridge some of you might know

071.jpg

What a pair

072.jpg

Making a fire

074.jpg

We have fire

076.jpg

Last night/morning it rained at was realy hot So we drank all of our water which = no water for freeze dried eggs. Which means no breakfast so we made a break for the nearest place that had water or food. which we found

077.jpg

078.jpg

this was her breakfast she was hungry

080.jpg

2 cliff bars

1 pop tart package

dozen day old dougnuts

1 gatorade

1 liter of milk (kinda like a liter o cola from super tropers)

This was hands down one of the best breakfasts I have ever had.

081.jpg

She is happy

082.jpg

The bikes

083.jpg

084.jpg

Ready to go home face

085.jpg

All cleaned up

087.jpg

Dude! Thats outstanding ! Weekend adventures like that when your single are the best. And to have a girlfriend who understands your obsessions? Priceless.

Oh by the way. You did better than she did.:banghead:

Me, I've been married 25 years. I think I"ll go by myself.?

PS Great idea on the frozen steak. I"m going to have to try that one.

Great idea on the frozen steak. I"m going to have to try that one

When I took the steak out of my pack it was not so cold anymore. But I was hungry and thought of the old saying 4hrs at room temp = no good any more to eat. I ate it lt tasted good. I was fine. She was fine. Maybe more ice in my reservoir will fix the problem, OR BIGGER STEAKS.

Dude! Thats outstanding ! Weekend adventures like that when your single are the best. And to have a girlfriend who understands your obsessions? Priceless.

I agree.....outstanding. I wish my wife would get a little more involved in my hobby. But like Sndmn says...ive been married for 9 years....Ill go alone thank you.

I dig it. You are a lucky guy to have a girl that would ride you. If my "ol' lady" went with me, I'd have to purposly endo off a cliff... lol Here in Idaho, we usually do about 90 to 120 miles a day. But we have a base camp to call home. You 2 are awesome!?