Sign in to follow this  

clarke tank ?'s

So im thinking of getting a clarke tank for my '05 dr650, but ive got a few ?'s. Thought id throw them out here (and yes...i did search first).

1. I think i read i can use the stock petcock, which is prob. the route ill take, but what about a pingle or the likes. Will this interfere with any thing? And im assuming theres no reserve?

2. Ive read about some oversize tanks holding some fuel in the bottom where the petcock cant get it. With only .3 gal over stock, can i expect any longer range? How much gets stuck in these tanks?

3. Id like to keep my options open to possibly mount a corbin someday. Any one running a corbin (prob. stock tank version?) with the clarke? Any fitment issues?

4. I have white plastics from an earlier model, how does the white clarke tank match up with the zuk white? I know, white is white...but im wondering about the gloss and such.

Ok, i think thats all. Well, almost. I wouldnt mind seeing some pics, Like a white tank on a white bike or the corbin clarke combo. Thanks guys.

Why a Clark tank?

You said it yourself .3 gal over stock.

I am looking myself and pasted on the Clark for that reason.

IMS makes a tank that holds about 4.8 gallons. I may go with that one. It is priced the same as the Clark.

I really want a larger tank that that but the really big ones cost an arm and a leg. I am still looking. If you find a good deal on a large tank please PM me with the info.

So im thinking of getting a clarke tank for my '05 dr650, but ive got a few ?'s. Thought id throw them out here (and yes...i did search first).

1. I think i read i can use the stock petcock, which is prob. the route ill take, but what about a pingle or the likes. Will this interfere with any thing? And im assuming theres no reserve?

2. Ive read about some oversize tanks holding some fuel in the bottom where the petcock cant get it. With only .3 gal over stock, can i expect any longer range? How much gets stuck in these tanks?

3. Id like to keep my options open to possibly mount a corbin someday. Any one running a corbin (prob. stock tank version?) with the clarke? Any fitment issues?

4. I have white plastics from an earlier model, how does the white clarke tank match up with the zuk white? I know, white is white...but im wondering about the gloss and such.

Ok, i think thats all. Well, almost. I wouldnt mind seeing some pics, Like a white tank on a white bike or the corbin clarke combo. Thanks guys.

1. - The stock petcock works fine. With the stock petcock you'll have the same amount of reserve as you had with the stock tank.

2. - You'll get about 15-18 miles more range with the Clarke. A 160-170 miles is as long as you'll want to stay in the saddle anyway. No fuel gets "stuck" in the tank.

3. - No fitment problems. I'm using the stock seat, can't speak about the Corbin.

4. - The Clarke tanks are a great match to the stock Suzuki white in color and gloss. I like the looks of the Clarke, it's not huge, is a bit lighter than stock and of course won't dent. Just don't plan on putting any stickers on it. Ask me how I know this.

Here's mine:

DRHillCountry08b.jpg

I have a white clarke tank that is several years old and it has yellowed considerably with time. I cant speak for them all but the white has turned to a dingy yellow. I just changed to black and will be selling my white clarke tank. PM me if interested. The corbin seat fit the clarke better than my stock tank.