Sign in to follow this  

Are valves still a Problem?

I cannot start my bike the first time in a day. I have to bumpstart it, and i just got my carb rejetted. After the bike is warmed up it will start back up 1st kick, could this still possibly be the valves eventhough it starts fine after its warm?

What year is the bike? I know on mine (08) I cannot get it or its really hard to get it started, specially if its a little cold out. I just bump start it down a hill :) -- starts up right away when your riding, just a kick sometimes.

I have 111.2 hrs on my bike and the valves aren't a problem they're still great. Heck, Ill need a new crank/rod assembly and a new cylinder before the valves. --not looking forward to that, gotta save my pennies! I'll do it all at once properly.

---------Back to the point.... It doesn't take that long to check them, so thats where I would start. .008" for exh. and no tighter than .004" for intakes.

What year is the bike? I know on mine (08) I cannot get it or its really hard to get it started, specially if its a little cold out. I just bump start it down a hill :) -- starts up right away when your riding, just a kick sometimes.

I have 111.2 hrs on my bike and the valves aren't a problem they're still great. Heck, Ill need a new crank/rod assembly and a new cylinder before the valves. --not looking forward to that, gotta save my pennies! I'll do it all at once properly.

---------Back to the point.... It doesn't take that long to check them, so thats where I would start. .008" for exh. and no tighter than .004" for intakes.

Eh, not sure all is well in your world. If you can't kick start it, something ain't right. With that many hours on it I think it would be likely you need new valves and maybe new seats cut. It really should start with the kicker.

Eh, not sure all is well in your world. If you can't kick start it, something ain't right. With that many hours on it I think it would be likely you need new valves and maybe new seats cut. It really should start with the kicker.

nope if its suddenly cold out and u have to bump start it, look at the jetting..