Sign in to follow this  

TrickTank Blacksburg, SC

Me, my son and motorcycle2 are heading there this Saturday but none of us have been before.

Anybody here that's been care to give a report. Thanks

I rode my street bike over there and walked around the place a while back. It looked like fun. The track was kind of a mishmash of several arenacross/supercross style tracks on one side of the main building and then wrapped around the back to the opposite side where it was more like a good outdoor track. Are you sure they are open> I have gotten conflicting information when I checked into riding down there. what time are you going? I may just go myself if they are open.....then on sunday I am riding the old KLR to steel creek

i rode there yesterday. id only suggest going if you dig serious AX/SX style riding. the outdoor track is a mess as of yesterday. they are constantly changing it (direction, where it goes, jumps, etc) and yesterday it looked like it needed some work. I stayed on the AX tracks. Ive posted some pictures up previously, but if you want me to post them up again so you can get an idea of what it looks like I will, just let me know.

Are you sure they are open> I have gotten conflicting information when I checked into riding down there. what time are you going? I may just go myself if they are open

Joe's been in touch with the owner about whether they're open tomorrow and he's getting a call back sometime today to confirm. If we go we'll get there around 10:30/11:00am. I'll post tonight if we're going, probably go to Lakeside if TT's not open, if you've still not gone there you should.

Ive posted some pictures up previously, but if you want me to post them up again so you can get an idea of what it looks like I will, just let me know.

Sure, like to see 'em. :)

So guys how was Trick Tank?

It's tight and tall, lots of big air jumps...stupid fun! Reminded me of what Travis Pastrana or Nate Adams dad built for them...a big 'ol playground and we're thankful we can ride there cuz it's way cool and open to those that dare, hehe.

There's two arena-cross style tracks and two outdoor national types too. There's also a free-style ramp and landing mound that we played on for awhile (the landing part of it, not the metal ramp).

Here's a few random pics of the day and we switched bikes so often it's anybodies guess who your looking at on whose bike. I'll put up more later, I got a bunch.

IMG_3463.jpg

IMG_3461.jpg

IMG_3459.jpg

IMG_3458.jpg

IMG_3476.jpg

IMG_3475.jpg

IMG_3482.jpg

IMG_3514.jpg

Great pics Goose. Thanks for always being the guy to take them. Yamaha531 must be David. I referred him to TT yesterday so he could look at the pics.

Hey Thanks goosedog for taking the pic's, good job allways. That was a fun ride with you guy's sat., and thanks to joe for having that chain with him :thumbsup:

cool shots, i like the use of the freestyle landing for a transfer...

32.jpg

...haha, what the hell, here are my pics

10-1.jpg

11.jpg

9-1.jpg

untitled-2.jpg

TRICKTANK004-1.jpg

TRICKTANK008.jpg

TRICKTANK018-1.jpg

TRICKTANK009.jpg

TRICKTANK017.jpg

Does anyone know if the SX track is still there? They had a pro level SX track to the right of the main building if you were looking in from the road.

Thanks.

nah, its been dozed, made into an mx track, and then left for months without being touched, went by last weekend. they have some pretty technical AX tracks too but their pro rider was hurt a couple months ago, fell on his tailbone funny and broke his back from what i heard heard. not sure how much is going on out there these days