Sign in to follow this  

Gonna loose my MIND..! 03 YZ 250

Hello guys any help would be appreciated...I ride mostly woods and some occasional track...and weigh about 230 pounds. Im riding a 03 YZ 250. Was wondering if i should try a combination of heavier springs and different fluid before throwing down $800 on a revalve...I cant ride the damn bike for more than 20 minutes till i get arm pump so severely that i literally cant pull in the clutch or brake lever, cant even enjoy riding...think its due to my weight and poorly suspended bike due to my size...Any help would be aprreciated thankyou.

• Like 1

Get the correct springs, first. You'll be surprised what a difference the correct springs can make.

How long have you been riding?

Are you new to the sport? I had not ridden in 25 years!

When I had my '02 YZ 250 I felt the same thing.

Springs will help a lot, and I also added an 11 oz. flywheel weight, witch mellowed the power delivery a bit..

I still have it if your interested pm me.

is it just the forks or the forks and shock.

I have rode with the same forks that are on your bike. 03 and 04 YZ forks are very good and can be made very plush in the woods.

How long have you been riding?

Are you new to the sport? I had not ridden in 25 years!

When I had my '02 YZ 250 I felt the same thing.

Springs will help a lot, and I also added an 11 oz. flywheel weight, witch mellowed the power delivery a bit..

I still have it if your interested pm me.

Unfortunately the 02 and 03 cranks are slightly different, so the weight won't interchange.

okay guys seriously thanks for the help...im gonna go with heavier springs than...and see what happens thanks again...

I have ridden that bike at 200 lbs in the woods and the stock suspension was not bad at all. Have you set the sag yet and calculated if the spring is possible to set at your weight? I am all for the new springs but it sounds more like your riding style is the issue to me. Do you think you have a good balance point when you ride? I mean are you not knowingly fighting the bike as it pulls you and when you stop? Or are you in the sweet spot where it pushes you along without having to really grip the bars too tight? If you think that might be the case there is a great link on here that explains how to ride using as little physical effort as possible. I started thinking about it when I ride and I can ride 80-90% pace for an hour easy now.