Sign in to follow this  

Any reason to buy a 40 dollar spark plug?

Why does our bikes take a plug that costs so much when most bikes plug cost 8 dollars?

Is the plug needed and why so?

I sure the engineers spec the plug for some reason, I'd like to know why.

They do last a long time. My buddy has been running the same plug for four years with no plans on changing it.

my '05 is still on the original plug and it runs great, granted i'm only at the 65 hour mark

i was told that the $40 plug won't fowl hence the inflated price, don't know if there is any truth to that.

Iridium is the key word. The must have gone up. The last one I bought was about $22. The bad part was I didn't need it and I still have the original one in both the 06 and the 08. Sorry I sold it last season for $20.

The really strange thing is that my 2004 CRF250 takes a different plug than my friends 07 :) when he needed a new plug he just got the same one that i have in my bike, it was half the price and he didn't notice a difference.

dont know where you got 40 bucks unless at a dealer..

the Thumpertalk Store sells then for $17.99...

My bad, I checked my local shop. 40 bucks, oemcycle.com high 30's without shipping.

Not sure why TT is so much cheaper, I guess I buy one from TT.

My bad, I checked my local shop. 40 bucks, oemcycle.com high 30's without shipping.

Not sure why TT is so much cheaper, I guess I buy one from TT.

cause TT is here to help the offroad community.. :usa:

and buying from them is good way to help this site.. find a cheaper price elsewhere call up the TT store and tell them.. they will beat it.. :thumbsup:

wow! i didnt even know there was a sparkplug that was $40. im running a $2.99 plug for over a year now and it hasn't foweled yet.

I didn't know they last so long...

I was going to pick up a spare this weekend, and at my dealer they are $20. When I heard that, I said no thanks. I got a plug for my TTR for less than $6.

But I guess I don't really need the spare, if they last.