Sign in to follow this  

....a couple of short vids of my CR500AF

I recently completed my 01 CR250 conversion. Here's a couple of short vids.

Go Pro helmet cam vid:

You probably put a rock through one of those people's windshields in that second vid. :)

ripping down the tracks looks fun maybe dangerous? How does she PULL??????????????

nice bike!

It runs really strong. I have no trouble pulling from my buddys' 450's.....and I weigh 260lbs.

What year is the 500 motor? Looks like an 85-88? I'd love to build an AF out of mine but I'm too crappy of a rider to notice a difference between one of the newer frames and my '01 steelie.

You guys haul ass in your trail riding videos...

What year is the 500 motor? Looks like an 85-88? I'd love to build an AF out of mine but I'm too crappy of a rider to notice a difference between one of the newer frames and my '01 steelie.

It's an 86 motor with the newer 2 piece clutch cover and waterpump.

No matter how good or bad of a rider you are, you will notice the difference. The bike feels like a 250 and steers so much better. It's also alot smoother over the ruff stuff. You will love it.

You should see me riding the whooped-out section of the tracks with my 84 cr500. That's one scary ride. It's no comparison.

trust me... i just went from my yamaha steel frame to my honda aluminum and there is a HUGE diff. cornering, handling, whoops... its all better:ride:

Riding as fast as you can beside telephone poles. No thanks.

No different than trees in the woods.

I'll start lookin' for a gen 2 or newer Honda to convert. Finding a blown up 250F shouldn't be difficult. :thumbsup:

Once again, nice bike man. Big bore 2 strokes are just awesome...

And railroad tracks :usa::thumbsup:

love the no gloves, no jersey 5th gear next to the railroad tracks in a residential area.:thumbsup: Bike has potential, I dont know about riding without a radiator scoop as they are around 20 bucks and a new radiator is 300.

Are telephone poles any different from trees? Jeez, give me a break. Dirtbikes are dangerous. I think we all except that when we ride.

love the no gloves, no jersey 5th gear next to the railroad tracks in a residential area.:thumbsup: Bike has potential, I dont know about riding without a radiator scoop as they are around 20 bucks and a new radiator is 300.
Here we go again. You guys love to whore-up other peoples' threads. Fyi, I have full gear and wear it everytime we go riding. No, I didn't have on full gear then, and things could have gone wrong; but thats the chance I took for the short test run after jetting my carb. Do you wear a helmet, fire suit, five poiint harness and kneck brace on your normal commute to work in your car?! Do you wear fire protection when fueling your vehicles(gas is highly flammable) etc, etc. I'm sure it would be much safer. My point is: In everyday life we take chances on safety daily. There's probably 100 things we can do safer in our daily life. Give it a rest dude. It's a shame that some of you guys only criticize and never give compliments. I really don't give a damn. I just noticed that there is a lot of this crap on this board. It seems to me that you would start your own thread about safety rather than whoring-up my thread with off-topic s#@t!

Radiator scoops? Oh, thanks for the heads-up dude. wth? You should watch the video a few more times and fine some more stuff to criticize me on.

Are telephone poles any different from trees? Jeez, give me a break. Dirtbikes are dangerous. I think we all except that when we ride.

Well, regarding the fact that i've never ridden a 500 in 4th or 5th gear wide open in the woods,,,yes, I think there is a difference there. Whatever. Knock yourself out. I just think you would have been better served with a wide open field for your purpose instead of the limited space between the railroad tracks and telephone poles, but hey, its your skin (and wallet for when you roost a car or a person since it looked to be right in the thick of a residential area).

And we wonder why the public has problems with dirtbikes and their riders.

Fuggin deadly dude,,,,i ride a sick mod KX 500.

Your bike is shweeeet:thumbsup:

I think we all do what you did....especially after installing new goodies :thumbsup::lol:

I know everytime i tweak my K-5.....the lid goes on, along with the throttle :D .... along the side of a rarely used public road (highway} ... but i always ensure to throttle down if anything is around.....i take one look behind me before i take off.....on a 500 once you do that....no worries about much creepin up on ya...LOL !!!

Is it wrong.....yes.........but 500 riders are usually wierd anyway.

But 95% of the time i'm in full amour.

Enjoy that ride dude :usa: & be safe :lol:

Fuggin deadly dude,,,,i ride a sick mod KX 500.

Your bike is shweeeet:thumbsup:

I think we all do what you did....especially after installing new goodies :thumbsup::lol:

I know everytime i tweak my K-5.....the lid goes on, along with the throttle :D .... along the side of a rarely used public road (highway} ... but i always ensure to throttle down if anything is around.....i take one look behind me before i take off.....on a 500 once you do that....no worries about much creepin up on ya...LOL !!!

Is it wrong.....yes.........but 500 riders are usually wierd anyway.

But 95% of the time i'm in full amour.

Enjoy that ride dude :usa: & be safe :lol:

Yeah.....I guess us 500 guys are the only ones that do that.:busted:

Don't worry man, I got crap for posting pics of me riding my 500 last year at Silver Lake with freeride shorts and no goggles on. You'd think I murdered innocent children or something.

-Nick

Dude, sick azz bike! Don't sweat the haters. I am thinking about building one myself. What is your total investment(if don't mind me askin)?