Sign in to follow this  

turboed wr250?

I dont think that is worthy enough to spend the kinda money for boost with results like that. All you need to know is some beginner clutch work to do those things. I dont know...i wouldnt buy it. my .02$

Seems like he is just popping it up with the throttle. Amazing power for a 250.

I can sit there and pop the front end up and down on my bike too.....on pavement.

All i noticed was a twist of the throttle and the lack of gear he was wearing.......imo

A turbo? On a 250? It doesn't make any sense at all.

And that's what makes it really cool!

I dont think that is worthy enough to spend the kinda money for boost with results like that. All you need to know is some beginner clutch work to do those things. I dont know...i wouldnt buy it. my .02$

Why not? I see people fixing up VW bugs,or putting $3,000 rims on a $2,500 honda civic.I would like that bike that would be fun raceing a 450

I can sit there and pop the front end up and down on my bike too.....on pavement.
oooooooooo look at me I can pop a wheelie ! I can do that on a BIG wheel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The point of the thread wasn't to mock his video. You can clearly see he is just demonstrating the turbo and the like. There is a guy on here who built it, I forget his name.

EDIT: Someone posted the link to his thread I see.

And big wheels are front wheel drive.

lol that's so ridiculous. I mean I can understand boosting a 1200 crotch rocket when you've run out of displacement, but the 450 is only a couple hundred more and probably makes more hp/torque.

lol that's so ridiculous. I mean I can understand boosting a 1200 crotch rocket when you've run out of displacement, but the 450 is only a couple hundred more and probably makes more hp/torque.

there is no WR450R/X :)

seems like most of the wheelies he's already at speed.....for a little 250 to be going at a decent pace and pick up the front wheel is pretty impressive......

i've never ridden a wr250 but i know i'd be pissed if i bought the turbo and than yamaha turned around and released a 450 for the street.....

there is no WR450R/X :)

Ah true, X I guess not but i mean slap a set off supermoto tires on. Regardless, its cool if you've got the $ to experiment with stuff like that. Personally I'd just buy something that's just as fast without screwing with it.

The owner of that bike and company (mpfab) is a local friend of mine I meet thru our local racing forum. He has excellent fabrication skills and does top notch 5* work. All around good guy. When I asked him why he went with the 250x and not a 400+cc he said FI and was a good platform to work from.

As to those that ask why, I say why not? We all mod our bikes or toys. The power of a 450+ in a 250 package :thumbsup:

EDIT - just saw the other big thread link :usa:

Thats cool what kinda hp is that pumping out now?

i have rode a stocker wr250 has some great power for a small bore, but the way that thing was able to pull up the front wheel is impressive.