Sign in to follow this  

Boyesen Quickshot 2 Accelerator Pump Cover

I have a 07 CRF 250X and have purchased an FMF pipe and jets to re-jet the bike with the air box mod. My question is, is the Boyesen Quickshot 2 Accelerator Pump Cover worth the money?

i dont know if that thing is worth it. my bike had a pretty nasty bog when i first bought it. i considered buying the $130 quickshot, but decided to go with a couple bucks worth of jets and .02 cents from a couple guys on TT and my bike runs smooth as silk now. so i'd say no, its not worth it. but if it does more than just eliminate bogs, then maybe it is worth it.

yeah, I'm not sure I'd spend $130 on a quick shot either. I think the quickshot became popular in the 04-06 bikes because some of them had a bog from the factory. Mine had the bog, but proper jetting and AP mod took care of it. I don't think the 07's have that issue. I personally would spend the $130 on something else for your bike. just my opinion of course

I have one on my 2006 250X with all the CCC mods and various other mods, and I don't think I'd buy it again. get the Power Now and Power Now Plus by Scary Fast.

If your riding has you grabbing big handfuls of throttle (big pump strokes), every few seconds, or often enough the stock pump cover doesn't fully get refilled with fuel. Then you may benefit. Most of us mere mortals don't need it.

A smaller leak jet and proper jetting for my mods got rid off all of my bog. My bike is super responsive off the bottom even with hamfisted applications of throttle. I would buy one if I thought I needed to improve throttle response but mine is perfect without it.

I have the 2005 CRF250X and have had all the CC mods and the quickshot installed, well worth it! But check out Tokyomods.com The best $250.00 spent yet. I still have the quickshot, RH head and a bunch of other stuff - but I just got carb back and it is the best single mod yet. No guess work on the jetting, settings or taking carb on / off hassles over & over.