Sign in to follow this  

Yz125 Yz144? Yz250f

So I have now ridden both bikes. I like the 125 alot. But I just rode a 250F today and I really liked the bottom end and the Low center of gravity feel. It just feels more planted to me. But anyways two things that are really holding me back are,

#1 - The price when you first buy it. Cost about $800 more to a same year Yz.

#2 - Maintenance, Keep the Oil fresh, Air Filter Clean, and everything clean and tight? Blowing it up always sinks into my mind with 250f's. We'll I mean if you blow up a 125 it's cheaper, less parts. I mean I blew up my 88cc pitbike and the whole top end needs to be replaced. What do you guys think?

I say 125/144. A built 125 can beat a 250f if you want power and a 144 with GOOD porting would kill a 250f.. Just saying if power is your thing. As well a 125 will be way cheaper in the long run. Even if you need cylinder and the 250f didnt... It all goes down to preferance... I hate the way the newer yzf250 feels personaly and think all yz's I have ever ridden felt the best. So yea:thumbsup:

Well I havn't ridden a 05+ Yz. Only a 07 Yzf. I maybe able to get a ride on a 07 Crf250R. between the bike I have ridden I like how the 250f has the controls setup. Just bar placement and stuff. Just If I blew it up I wouldn't be able to ride till like the next year. And like 6 months on a Yz if that blows. I have been bagging on 250F's for awhile but I havn't ridden one till now. I like it. Cnat beat the sound or smell but that doesn't help you ride, well it does but you know....

you should get a yz125 for 2 reasons. I don't know your riding ability, but I'm guessing your not racing 125 inter. b/c your asking this question.

1st, your only 15, and if you can learn to ride a 125 2smoke properly, you won't have as many bad habits. 250 4 stokes are easier to ride, but if your good on a 2 smoke, your a better rider.

2nd, your only 15, and if the thing blows up, it will be easier for you to afford fixing it. Stay away from the 144, you will sacrifice reliability.

Well Im good. Im no goon. I rip my cousins 125 up. Cause your pinned or your not on a 125. Yea I guess I would like a 250F but down the road when its going to need new valves I'll be wishing it was a 125. Its more likely that I'll get a 125 too cause it's cheaper. I hope once in awhile I could throw my leg over a 250f tho.

I'm still hoping for a 05+ yz125 then.

Well I havn't ridden a 05+ Yz. Only a 07 Yzf. I maybe able to get a ride on a 07 Crf250R. between the bike I have ridden I like how the 250f has the controls setup. Just bar placement and stuff. Just If I blew it up I wouldn't be able to ride till like the next year. And like 6 months on a Yz if that blows. I have been bagging on 250F's for awhile but I havn't ridden one till now. I like it. Cnat beat the sound or smell but that doesn't help you ride, well it does but you know....

If you are going newer get at least an 06. I dont think they are THAT much greater but everyone else does. The front suspension was upgraded in 06. Whatever 125 you get you will love it

what do you mean you cant beat sound and smell of a 250f. a 125 2 stroke on the pipe kills that sound and smell?? no comparison. lol:thumbsup:

I was saying you cant beat the smell of a 2-stroke but that doesnt make you ride faster. Yea it's going to have to be a 125 unless I win the lotto...