Sign in to follow this  

Tall Seat Pictures - Post Yours

I did a search and couldnt find any threads that had a good comparison of the different tall seats. I am trying to find out which is the tallest (I'm 6'6") but i dont want one that looks like a beanbag laying over the sides. I do want one that is somewhat softer than the stock seat (05 525SX) but again, not something that is too saggy looking.

If you have a tall seat, post a couple pics, side shot and maybe from the back of the bike looking down on the seat/tank. Also what brand/model seat and do you know how much higher than stock it sits??

Thanks.

2001 EXC, using the EE Tall Soft. It is 1" taller than stock and 100 times softer. I am only 5.7" and really love it !!

Ishpatina08001.jpg

Enduro Engineering Tall/soft..

P1240001.jpg

I'm 6'2", much more comfy than stock.

Nice heat shield! You make that?

Thanks guys?

Another question though, with the "soft" seat does it kind of negate the "tall" part of it once you sit on it, how much does it sag when you are on it?

Anyone else?

Thanks guys?

Another question though, with the "soft" seat does it kind of negate the "tall" part of it once you sit on it, how much does it sag when you are on it?

Anyone else?

No! It is like night and day compared to the stock height, even when sat on. If you are needing height, you may want higher bars and maybe risers.

No! It is like night and day compared to the stock height, even when sat on. If you are needing height, you may want higher bars and maybe risers.

Cool, thanks for the input.

As for higher bars and risers i agree. Are there any issues with going "too high" with the risers, i've seen 5mm, 8mm, 12mm, 18mm, 20mm, 30mm and 46mm. I was thinking of using the 46mm since i am so tall. I've never used them though and i dont know of any adverse affects if any to going that high?

Anyone have any input on the KTM Hardparts/SDG high seat, good-bad-indifferent? It says it has a "superwide core (approx 2 inches)" does that mean its going to be 2" wider or fatter and give me the bean bag look i dont want? Anyone using one that can post pics??

Thanks again everyone.

Not trying to slam the Enduro Engineering guys but those EE seats do not fit up well on the newer 08+ bikes. I had the EE seat on my 07' 525 and it fit up nicely. Put one on my 08 300 and it fit like crap. Big gaps and an odd lump of seat at the rear. It was so bad it exposed the airfilter due to the gaps and fittament issues. I had to return the seat! I went with the KTM hardparts tall seat and it fits as good if not better than the stocker. Keep in mind that although this is a 2 stroke it has the identical body work and dimensions as the new 08+ thumpers. The KTM hardparts tall seat fits the new bikes and stays tall! Mine was called the tall firm gel seat last year and I think they have renamed it the high seat. So whilst the 07 and below can rock the EE seat without issues IMO the 08+ owners should look at some options and getting rid of that wierd lump in the back and poor fitting issue with that EE seat!

Picture046.jpg

Picture038.jpg

This one: http://www.ktmcyclehutt.com/ktmstore/hardparts/seats/77307040100.jpg

Its even $30.00 cheaper than the EE and just a better piece for the new style bodywork IMO. No gaps!

Nice heat shield! You make that?

Thanks!

Yep, banged it outta a piece of 1/4" diamond plate.

Cool, thanks for the input.

As for higher bars and risers i agree. Are there any issues with going "too high" with the risers, i've seen 5mm, 8mm, 12mm, 18mm, 20mm, 30mm and 46mm. I was thinking of using the 46mm since i am so tall. I've never used them though and i dont know of any adverse affects if any to going that high?

Anyone have any input on the KTM Hardparts/SDG high seat, good-bad-indifferent? It says it has a "superwide core (approx 2 inches)" does that mean its going to be 2" wider or fatter and give me the bean bag look i dont want? Anyone using one that can post pics??

Thanks again everyone.

EE makes adjustable risers for $40. I would go that route to see which works the best for you. But I am 6 ft 4" and have a EE high seat, CR High bars and risers on the tallest mark. My buddy bought a stock EE seat thinking that it would be bette than his stock seat. "WELL" it was like sitting on a plank. So he just bought the EE soft foam high and the seat cover. Today will be the first ride so I will take a picture for you. He has an 08 450.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okiyota

Trust me on this Bro. You do not want an EE tall seat on anything 08 or above. They just dont fit right and look like the beanbag in which you speak.

KTM has a hardparts seat that is not an SDG. I have heard bad things about the SDG fittament as well. Now maybe both the KTM seats are made by SDG I dunno. What I do know is that the KTM Hardparts "High" seat is a gem. Now its no soft ass barcolounger but who wants to be sitting down all day anyway?

I posted a photo of my KTM H-Parts high seat on my 08' 300XC on the previous page. Fits tight a glove:thumbsup:

Thanks for the info so far, keep it coming if anyone has more to add, pics also.

Chazmanian, thanks for the detailed info, you and i are on the same page. However my bike is an 05 so hopefully i dont have to worry about the poor fitting/looking issue with which ever seat i choose.

Thanks for the info so far, keep it coming if anyone has more to add, pics also.

Chazmanian, thanks for the detailed info, you and i are on the same page. However my bike is an 05 so hopefully i dont have to worry about the poor fitting/looking issue with which ever seat i choose.

This is my buddies EE on an 08 450.......Just put it on yesterday.

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd327/iamovru/Kern%203-22-2009/KernRiver3-22-2009001.jpg

I just orderd the KTM tall standard and it is 70 MM taller than stock.

I am 6'4" and about 280 so I hope it helps!

D1k.....your good:thumbsup:

She's beautiful Toch !! :thumbsup: