Sign in to follow this  

Fork Support?

Anyone use the plastic fork supports when hauling their bikes to and from riding?

Do they really work?

Recommended or not for the following bikes (mind you, we only travel about 1 hour maximum to go ride):

Honda CRF250R

Honda CRF70

Honda CRF50

I have an 04 KX250 and I don't use the plastic fork supports. I DO use a section of 2 x 4 to accomplish the same purpose. What I can tell you is that the bike is a lot more solid on the trailer with the 2 x 4 between the tire and the underside of the front fender. Save the cash and just cut about an 8" length of 2 x 4 and you are good to go.

I agree a 2x4 is good enough no need to spend the $ it really helps out to get the straps tight without blowning the fork seals

I use the fork support thingie for hauling my bike around, and it really seems to help lock the front in place.

I too have used the 2X4. It realy stiffens up the front and cuts down on bike sway.

Out to by a 2x4 this week. I am going to be hauling them this weekend and will see how it works out. I am sure it will be great. Thanks for saving me a few bucks on plastic.

the pressure is on your valves not your fork seals, but making you bike stuffer doesnt hurt. just dont think your saving your fork seals.