Sign in to follow this  

Carnegie Hill Climbs

I was there last weekend, and it was pretty cool. I've always wanted to try it out. I Know you need to have an AMA lisence and a tether switch, other then that I am clueless on what to do with the form? I have a wr 250f, what do they mean by stock? Just the swing arm? Any info would be helpful

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you're going to need an AMA license or a tether (possibly) unless you're riding the pro class or something similar.

A friend of mine used to compete every year on a DRZ of all things. He never needed anything special if I remember correctly. He just registered like it was any other event.

na you need a tether for sure and an AMA card.... but they have all sorts of classes 450 pro, exhibition, stock altered etc..... they have three hills the pro hill ,shot gun hill, and the "baby hill" or "c" hill , which is the freeway one. you would most likely run c class because its your first hill climb. that hill is more about speed not who makes the hill.

na you need a tether for sure and an AMA card.... but they have all sorts of classes 450 pro, exhibition, stock altered etc..... they have three hills the pro hill ,shot gun hill, and the "baby hill" or "c" hill , which is the freeway one. you would most likely run c class because its your first hill climb. that hill is more about speed not who makes the hill.

Not saying I'm the best, But I know I do not suck, But I understand where your coming from. So I would do 4 Stroke stock class. Then C class?

I know you need an AMA membership card, but the original poster was talking about an AMA license. Two totally different things.

AMA card is about $30 a year, I'm sure you could find a tether for $5 or $10. It would probably cost you $100 total to get set up and registered for the event.

I know you need an AMA membership card, but the original poster was talking about an AMA license. Two totally different things.

AMA card is about $30 a year, I'm sure you could find a tether for $5 or $10. It would probably cost you $100 total to get set up and registered for the event.

I meant the AMA standard for $39 a year. That's the correct one right?

If you want to compete in the hill climbs you can by a one day AMA card as well as pay your entry fee. A tether is no big deal to install - maybe 40 bucks or so, easy directions.

You might be a rider with the highest of skill, but with a wr250f (stock? like you said especially) you will not be able to climb any difficult hill. I'd say "the C hill" would be the only one the bike can make. I've never been there but I would assume that if it's a comp. they would choose some difficult hills, otherwise what's the point of the comp.?

no u could make the shot gun hill (intermediate) with a wr250 i would run the c hill just because its Ur first one so u can get the hang of things you know? but if you feel up to it run the shot gun hill

no u could make the shot gun hill (intermediate) with a wr250 i would run the c hill just because its Ur first one so u can get the hang of things you know? but if you feel up to it run the shot gun hill

I would like a challenge, but it's more about time correct?