Sign in to follow this  

Radiator braces for a 08 530 with an Acerbis 3.4

The best guards you can get are the http://Bullet Proof Designs.

Extreemly strong and light weight.

Yea no doubt those are awesome guards, but at $199 a pair I want something a little mre in my price range. I have the hardparts ones on my 300 and they have worked great. Will they fit with the 3.4 tank

Yea no doubt those are awesome guards, but at $199 a pair I want something a little mre in my price range. I have the hardparts ones on my 300 and they have worked great. Will they fit with the 3.4 tank

The problem with the hard parts guards is that they are heavy and they don't give you any front protection.

I has only seen two radiators get damaged where they lost fluid. Both times they had the hard parts guards and both times a limb stabbed them from the front. I have seen others get tweaked and bent but they always held fluid to get the rider back to the truck.

I understand they are pricey. Until you hold them in your hand, its hard to tell just what kind of quality these things are. They are a work of art.

To me its like hand guards and skid plates. Something is better than nothing so get the best you can afford.

:)

The problem with the hard parts guards is that they are heavy and they don't give you any front protection.

I has only seen two radiators get damaged where they lost fluid. Both times they had the hard parts guards and both times a limb stabbed them from the front. I have seen others get tweaked and bent but they always held fluid to get the rider back to the truck.

I understand they are pricey. Until you hold them in your hand, its hard to tell just what kind of quality these things are. They are a work of art.

To me its like hand guards and skid plates. Something is better than nothing so get the best you can afford.

:)

But do they fit with the 3.4 tank?

But do they fit with the 3.4 tank?

Yes.

And they work with the OEM fan if you decide to get one.

AND with the hard parts guards you wil have to adjust yout steering, you wont get full right to left steering lock, the fork tubes will hit the guard.

Also keep in mind that the 3.4 Acerbis tank shrouds will offer a considerable degree of rad protection, at least from side hits.