Sign in to follow this  

Going to be working on a new Tank coloring process...

If you dont know I am the dye the gas tanks guy.

I'm just giving a heads up. I'm going to developing a new process to change your gas tank color. I was waiting to replace my 05 YZ and just got my 06 2 weeks ago. I have some good ideas and I have placed some calls with some local scientists but I have been busy. I plan on moving forward next week. It's going to take some experimenting first so it wont be out till 2-4 weeks depending on my success. So anyone thinking of dying to black might want to wait.

Sorry if this is a tease...but the force didnt come fast for skywalker either...:)

Aaah, I've been waiting for this. So are we talking no bleeding through the graphics process? My spare tank awaits. :)

Thanks for all your hard work and researching.:banghead:

jw

Aaah, I've been waiting for this. So are we talking no bleeding through the graphics process? My spare tank awaits. :thumbsup:

Thanks for all your hard work and researching.:usa:

jw

Yup, no bleeding.

How did the ritz dye process hold up? You had that on your old tank for a while.

I got an 06 new that the dealer put the yellow plastics and hurricane graphics on. But they left the blue tank. Bike looks awesome, except for the blue tank.

How did the ritz dye process hold up? You had that on your old tank for a while.

I got an 06 new that the dealer put the yellow plastics and hurricane graphics on. But they left the blue tank. Bike looks awesome, except for the blue tank.

I sit the bike in your garage? If so, is is brand new with the Hurricane kit? It sure shows no evidence of wear.

Nice find.

Hollywood, If you need a "scrap" tank to practice on, let me know. I have one..or two....

I'd like to dye my oversize bedpan white. (clear oversize Clarke 3.1) to white. Is good??

Wait for my new process. You will be able to go white as well.

The dye holds fine over time but you're kind of stuck now cause you might ruin your graphics if you tried to take them off the tank to do something with it. What I suggest for you is to get some factory effects black plastic sheet and custom cut pieces to hide the blue.

I sit the bike in your garage? If so, is is brand new with the Hurricane kit? It sure shows no evidence of wear.

Nice find.

Hollywood, If you need a "scrap" tank to practice on, let me know. I have one..or two....

Ya I was thinking about practicing on small $5 jerry cans.

The dye holds fine over time but you're kind of stuck now cause you might ruin your graphics if you tried to take them off the tank to do something with it. What I suggest for you is to get some factory effects black plastic sheet and custom cut pieces to hide the blue.

Yeah. I doubt that I could get the current graphics off in one piece, and I can't find a place that only sells the tank pieces.

I hadn't thought of the factory effex sheets. That sounds like the ticket until I finally get around to dying the tank and replacing the graphics.

Yep. That is the one. Got it brand new back in February. Dealer had four, brand new, '06 250s on the showroom (not another smoker anywhere in the shop).

They made me a hell of a deal on it just to get it sold.:thumbsup:

I haven't yet had the chance to ride it. Work and weather are not cooperating here in my area. But, tomorrow is looking pretty promising. :usa:

Yep. That is the one. Got it brand new back in February. Dealer had four, brand new, '06 250s on the showroom (not another smoker anywhere in the shop).

They made me a hell of a deal on it just to get it sold.:thumbsup:

I haven't yet had the chance to ride it. Work and weather are not cooperating here in my area. But, tomorrow is looking pretty promising. :usa:

Woot!

Was it a dealer in G-dale? Gonna ride Eddieville?

Yeah. I doubt that I could get the current graphics off in one piece, and I can't find a place that only sells the tank pieces.

I hadn't thought of the factory effex sheets. That sounds like the ticket until I finally get around to dying the tank and replacing the graphics.

You can get the tank decals off with no prob. Just take your time and warm them up good with a hair dryer or heat gun. Watch not to get them to hot or you will stretch them. I have removed full shroud decals and reapplied them with no prob.

Any updates on this? I would really like to go to white plastics but won't do it till I dye my tank black.

Ive been tied up at work, I thought is was going to slow down but it was the opposite. I am hoping to do some testing this weekend if possible.

Cool! I really hope whatever you've got up your sleeve works out!

I made some calls to work on this today. I need something very specific to make this work which I knew would be hard to get but not this hard. Im supposed to hear something soon.

Has you (or anyone) anyone came up with a way to clean up or dye a natural oversize tank? Its getting yella! I just did my YZ in white with blue/white graphics. The darn tank looks kinda bad. Could you do something white if you had natural to start?

Has you (or anyone) anyone came up with a way to clean up or dye a natural oversize tank? Its getting yella! I just did my YZ in white with blue/white graphics. The darn tank looks kinda bad. Could you do something white if you had natural to start?

The dye process does work on the natural tanks. But hang tight this new method I'm working on will be the cats ass if it works out. I'm working with a company right now and they are doing some lab tests for me. They told me that I would here back from them soon. Since its the holidays maybe monday or tuesday I will hear something.

Since its almost rding time I'm going to be focused on moving this process forward becasue the HMX Woodzilla cant have a blue tank!

Can you please tell them to hurry? I've basically worn my mouse out clicking on this thread.

I like my clarke tank just fine, but I wish the cap was shoved up Mr Clarkes .....