Sign in to follow this  

rmz450 headlight

Hey anyone put a headlight on there rmz450? I love the mx bikes but i do a lot of mountain riding, sometimes your out later than plan and could use a light. Anyone put one on, or used another kinda light?

Hey anyone put a headlight on there rmz450? I love the mx bikes but i do a lot of mountain riding, sometimes your out later than plan and could use a light. Anyone put one on, or used another kinda light?

Very simple to add a headlight, thanks to this member and here's his post on how he did:http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=754006&highlight=

Nice! Has anyone tried the lights that clamp onto your bars? They any good?

Hey Guy's, bring this old Topic back from the dead. I Have come up with a Cheap and Dirty way to light my Bike at night. I am still testing it.

I acquired a 6 LED white Light. It’s a 12 Volt light. It’s about 4.5 inches round. Has two Mounting Bolts on the back. This will mount to my Number Plate. I'm thinking of getting a second Number plate to swap them out when I need it.

I'm not using this bike as a SuperMoto. I Elk and Deer Hunt off my bike; it gets me into the back country where the 4 wheelers can't go. Sometimes the hunt takes me into the evening hours in the dark. It’s a big pain in the rear to drive with my Mag Light.

The light has a .5 amp draw. I picked up a 12 volt 2.3 amp hour battery at Batteries Plus for $25.00. This means that I can get a little over 4.4 hours of use to a battery that is mounted on my Handlebars on top of my ProTaper Pad, Its a little smaller about 7 inches long 3 inches wide and an inch thick. I am still in the testing stage of this unit, but I’m into it for around $35.00.

I wanted to get a Bright Light what would light up the trail or lack of trail in front of me. I'm testing this in my garage. I also have a 12 vdc Solar Panel I picked up to recharge my Battery in the Field, I have no Current Bushes out there. Its 12 volts and .75 amp output. It has been taking my about 6.5 hours to charge the battery backup to full charge. Doesn't add up on paper. Who knows? I'm going to add pictures when completed.

Hope this helps. I don't think you would be running the Baja 1000 with this setup. But you could just about go all night with a Second Battery.