Sign in to follow this  

gas

I have premium gas that has been in a two gallon tank for almost two months. Should I still use it in my yz250f? I don't wanna waste.

When in doubt dump it out.

I usually just throw older gas in my truck instead if wasting it, the truck will handle anything "different" better than the bike will.

The determining factor is the type of storage tank. If its metal with positive seal, its good to go because metal tanks don't outgas. If its a plastic can, its good for the truck, not the bike.

Its not gonna blow your engine or nothing big like that. It's fine to run, but personally i wouldn't only because it will handle differently. Mix it with new gas and use it.

I have premium gas that has been in a two gallon tank for almost two months. Should I still use it in my yz250f? I don't wanna waste.

Steel or plastic gas can? If your storing it in a plastic can for sure I would just put it in your truck. I dont use gas in my sons bike that is older than two weeks. I just dump it in my truck and get fresh gas to put in the bike. Yeah I know its probably overboard but thats how I maintain our bikes and we have put a lot of hours on our bikes with no problems what so ever. :thumbsup: