Sign in to follow this  

cr500 porting info race engine building advice

Hellow

Im building a 86 cr500 engine to put in my Cagiva Mito 125, And was wondering if anyone could help me with some porting info or race building tech. :)

Hellow

Im building a 86 cr500 engine to put in my Cagiva Mito 125, And was wondering if anyone could help me with some porting info or race building tech. :)

I think there's a site called cr500riders or something like that... do a google search. I'm not sure if you'll get much in the way of porting info here... but you never know, there maybe someone reading this who has a hot setup and is willing to share.

Im assuming that you're not looking for more power, just refining what its already there? if you're looking for more power you must have nuts of steel. If you can give us some port info and engine dimensions I might be able to suggest some mods... squish clearance, port heights, etc.

Where do you live in Oz?

Dave

Yeah i live in Sydney Australia. Im a Peformance Car Mechanic and my cagiva is my project bike. And yes im loking for more power pluss a wider rev range Maybe 10,000 rpm if possible? I bougth my motor from the states and it looks pretty stock iv'e pulled off the barrel and the ports look standard, Not touched. iv'e heard you can raise the exhaust port 4mm and the boost port 1mm and use a .9mm squish band to obtain 70hp 8500 rpm with 50 50 c14 pluss 94. is this common??

Yeah i live in Sydney Australia. Im a Peformance Car Mechanic and my cagiva is my project bike. And yes im loking for more power pluss a wider rev range Maybe 10,000 rpm if possible? I bougth my motor from the states and it looks pretty stock iv'e pulled off the barrel and the ports look standard, Not touched. iv'e heard you can raise the exhaust port 4mm and the boost port 1mm and use a .9mm squish band to obtain 70hp 8500 rpm with 50 50 c14 pluss 94. is this common??

Not sure if thats common, but can you give me the stroke, deck height (+ or -), boost port height (from top of the cylinder) and exhaust port height (from top of cylinder) to nearest 0.5mm and we can see what you have to work with, then we'll know if those numbers are reasonable.

Dave

witch is the boost port?? is that the ports in the side of the cylinder (tranfer port) or the potr in the front behind the reads?? the motor is at my work an im at home so i cant tell you mesurements now, but thanks for your help.

Regards Luke

the 84-87 cr500's shouldnt need any kind of porting unless you plan on fully building this thing to the extreme....

Couple guys in arizona are who I would suggest for mods.

Glenn I beleive.....

And I also think Jerry Hall knows them extremely well.

Search the forum will see some hill shooters that I think glenn did.

Eric Gorr all the time. Forward motion. I had my motor ported to suit me. Bloody superb.