Sign in to follow this  

My powerbomb glows red in the dark !

Fitted the FMF Q4 and Powerbomb a few days ago. I must admit I was suprised by the poower increase through out the range.

I had the GYTR exhaust with stock header a few weeks ago and I must say the FMF Q4 and Powerbomb combination is producing a hell of a lot more power than the GYTR. Very suprised.

Just one query, had the bike ticking over last night for a few minutes from cold and I was suprised to see the 'u-bend' on the Powerbomb was glowing red, is this normal ?

:)

Fitted the FMF Q4 and Powerbomb a few days ago. I must admit I was suprised by the poower increase through out the range.

I had the GYTR exhaust with stock header a few weeks ago and I must say the FMF Q4 and Powerbomb combination is producing a hell of a lot more power than the GYTR. Very suprised.

Just one query, had the bike ticking over last night for a few minutes from cold and I was suprised to see the 'u-bend' on the Powerbomb was glowing red, is this normal ?

:)

Not if you werent riding for a while, did you add any fuel tuner ???? May be too lean and hot.........

Did you have an O2 sensor in your exhaust? Were you able to put one back in? My WRF glows when I have ridden it hard but never at an idle. I have never seen it on the WRR though. The first time it happened on the WRF I was concerned, but the guys over on the WRF forum say it is normal.

plus if I was moving, I think the air would naturally cool it anyway.

bike still gets hotter Exhaust gasses while under load, and then when you stop and let it idle you would notice it,,,,,,,,,,,,but like I said before what have you done to add fuel ???? if nothing then your too lean......:)

nothing yet, I'm hoping your servo replacement kit might richen things up slightly. Will be looking to get a tuner in a month or two.

I would get a tuner.

Mine with FMF powerbomb and q4, and PCIII with appropriate map glows if the bike is idling and I turn the lights off in the garage at night. It is normal, stainless steel will begin to glow red at temperatures as low as 400-500* F.