Sign in to follow this  

yz125 forks

I was browsing craigslist today and found 1997 yz125 forks for 100$. I tried google but I couldn't find out the diameter of them. I was wondering if I could use the stock 230 clamp or what would I need to buy and how hard would it be to do. Thanks.

Heres the forks: http://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/1055862875.html

I kept searching and found out that they are 46mm. Could I take yz125 clamps and bolt them on with some spacers?

They will not bolt on with some spacers,you will need to do all the same steps you would do to put CR125/250 forks on. Your going to need triple clamps,brake system,wheel and axle.

Race Tech say the yz forks are: KYB 46U. Best to get the triples with to avoid surpreises. Stems are easier to adapt than forks to triples.

The 46mm KYB's are the same forks on the vintage (2004 +/-) of CR125R's that were done in the recent fork swap utilizing the Emig Racing stem. Of course Yamaha and Honda have different valving specs, etc.

The Emig stem will likely press into the triples from the 97' YZ also, but as stated before, you wil need the front wheel, brakes, etc.

Good luck...

I forgot about the new front wheel and stuff and said no. What is a good cr85 or 125 fork kit for the 230?

85 forks are really to small for the 230 you should have gotten the yz125 forks. This kind of change wont be easy do a little research under the username "ebeck" read everthing he has posted in the forum. before you try to take on this project. All forks will nedd wheel spacers...ETC so yea