Sign in to follow this  

Pro Jr overheating

Hello,

My boy has a 2004 KTM pro Jr which he just moved up from a pw on. My question is the 2 times he has ridden it this year it got really hot to the point of overheating. The liquid is right about the inner fins, and the outter area is nice and clean. Any Ideas on what could be causing this? The first ride my first thought was he just wasnt going fast enough to cool it, but I definitely do not think that was the problem the second time.

Thanks!

Look for groves and/or notches in your clutch basket. Also check for any broken washers in your stack too. Also notice the wear on your break shoes. You may have to swap them to even out the wear or replace it entirely.

If all else fails call this number and ask for John, he'll answer any of your questions 530-295-0132

• Like 1

The bible is great:banana:

X2 on the clutch causing heat. When I first started playing with washer stacks, I had overheating problems.

If he's not comfortable with how the bike hits, and blipping the throttle a lot, you could get more heat. You can change the hit with how you stack the washers.

If you get Stainless Steel washers they will last longer and the clutch will fade less.

But you already know that because you have the bible.:thumbsup:

The bible is awesome! I printed it out and threw it in a binder already! I think the "understanding the Stacking" section is missing though! I see a link that opens another PDF but it wont come up on my machine. I'll try it again when I get home on that computer.

BINGO! I did catch the boy blipping the throttle yesterday right before the throttle cable snapped:-( Luckily there isnt a law against going out and buying a new one....Oh wait...DANG!!