Sign in to follow this  

Best tire combo for MI harescrambles

I've got a 450, will need new rubber this spring. Just curious what some of you Michigan HS / MX guys prefer. I've read a lot good things about Michelin Starcross MH3 and Maxxis IT on other forum searches but was not sure if they relate to michigan tracks...

The Starcross MH3 is for hardpack isn't it. I had a set of MS3s, liked them a lot, and they wear like iron.

I run the ms3 but i have had several flats with it. The sidewalls are relatively soft. I am going to try the s12xc hopefully it will hold up in the rocks and roots.

depending on where you are, i like dunlop 756 for the softer tracks and trails. the life isnt the greatest, but besides that they are a great tire

S12XC work great in the soft and muddy stuff. Wear is great also.:thumbsup::confused:

i have a ms3 front and 756 back works pretty good i just need something more durable then the 756 it wears like crap and suggestions? i flipped it around the other day and it already started rounding off

i personally really like the kenda millville with a stock front tire. the millville front tire is to wide for me.