Sign in to follow this  

Buying a used 125... Good year?

I am in the market for a used 125 2T. I am looking in the price range of $1500-$2000. 2001-2006 (or as new as possible). What is a good year CR to look out for and why (frame/low end etc...). I am 200 lbs. 6'1" and will do some suspension work. I just want to get another 125 because every time I ride one I want it. Any issues to watch out for or any tips appreciated!

Look out for the 02's (mine :usa:) They are a great bike, but had an airboot sealing problem, and stuff could have (most likely) gotten sucked into the engine. Mine was filled with sand :lol:

Great way to ruin a persons day.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

i don't mean this in a bad way, but why not just ride your 300? what does a 125 have over it?

i just got back from riding my 125 on the trails and had a freakin' blast!

Well I just sold that KTM today. I took it to the track many times in the past and it was great on the starts... but I really love rippin' on a 125! I want to start riding more MX again. An MX bike is better suited for the trails than an enduro bike for MX. Not to mention that I have a WRR that is great on trails. Took it to MX track a couple weeks back and I got the fever! I know a 250 would be faster and less tiring, but I want a SCREAMER!

Look out for the 02's (mine :usa:) They are a great bike, but had an airboot sealing problem, and stuff could have (most likely) gotten sucked into the engine. Mine was filled with sand :lol:

Great way to ruin a persons day.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

Will remember that. Guess even the red powerband can't help that...

Will remember that. Guess even the red powerband can't help that...

Hahaha nor the ported handlebars :thumbsup::usa::lol:

Glad to hear your into the 125. Its a GREAT bike, esp with the aluminum frame:thumbsup:

Not to mention, they look so sick!

I cant stop looking at mine...:lol:

127picasa.jpg

Its everything you said and more! I'll give you $1500 if you pay shipping. Haha. But seriously. Nice.

Its everything you said and more! I'll give you $1500 if you pay shipping. Haha. But seriously. Nice.

Hahah thanks!

But I have to deny your offer. LOL

:usa::thumbsup:

I heard they are all pretty good any way you go it will still me cheaper to maintain than my crf250r

I heard they are all pretty good any way you go it will still me cheaper to maintain than my crf250r

Yah I would love a CRF250R. Know a guy who saw 2 of them explode at a race 2 weeks ago. Has me pretty much scared away. Might consider a YZ250F one day though...

Yah I would love a CRF250R. Know a guy who saw 2 of them explode at a race 2 weeks ago. Has me pretty much scared away. Might consider a YZ250F one day though...

Yeah, I love my two stroke, but if I ever get into racing (highly unlikely due to my parents :thumbsup: ) I will have to get me a 250f

I have a 01, and I beat the living piss out of it..bounce it off the limiter like a 125 should be rode. Row through the gears constantly, ride it like I stole it!

55 hours on top end and still has 158 on compression test! :usa:

3123709550_6eeeff8fbc.jpg?v=0

3123698142_5d950996c7.jpg?v=0

3123663662_468f7bb3e3.jpg?v=0

Here it is, the only time I detailed it, and got some nice photos. It will never be that clean again :thumbsup: (stupid California clay and mud)

Oh well:lol:

id say go for an01 and up. the 01's dont have much of a selection for graphics tho, but 02 on up you wont have a problem finding somthing you like.

I have a 01, and I beat the living piss out of it..bounce it off the limiter like a 125 should be rode. Row through the gears constantly, ride it like I stole it!

55 hours on top end and still has 158 on compression test! :busted:

3123709550_6eeeff8fbc.jpg?v=0

3123698142_5d950996c7.jpg?v=0

3123663662_468f7bb3e3.jpg?v=0

Here it is, the only time I detailed it, and got some nice photos. It will never be that clean again :D (stupid California clay and mud)

Oh well:lol:

Thats what you gotta do :thumbsup:

Detail it, take a bunch of pictures, then beat the piss out of it:lol: :smirk::usa::lol: :lol: And if you get something new, clean it again, and beat it up til you get more new stuff hahaha. I usually just powerwash the bulk of everything off.

Buy a 05-07. Awesome bike.

Yep 05 got an extensive engine makeover which made it much faster. But even up till the last year made in 2007, it still had carry over suspension from 04 :thumbsup: but 05-07 are the best, i have an 07 i recently got.

go with the 02 cr125r i have one with wiseco top end assembly v -force reeds LGS suspension fmf shorty renthals, 2 michelin starcross tires and a couple twin air filters also some nice stickeers and plastic and the bike rips specially since i just did the top end all new never had a single problem with my pinger but i decided to sell her guys commin on the 29th great 125 2t gi with it

Would love an 05 but 02-03 is more likely. I hear the CR cockpit is pretty opened up for a 6'1" guy also. What year were the CR's that more flourescent orange than red? I kinda like that.