Sign in to follow this  

Buying a used 125... Help...

I am in the market for a used 125 2T. I am looking in the price range of $1500-$2000. 2001-2006 (or as new as possible). What is a good year KX to look out for and why (frame/low end etc...). I am 200 lbs. 6'1" and will do some suspension work. I just want to get another 125 because every time I ride one I want it. Any issues to watch out for or any tips appreciated!

dude get a 250...200 pds? i love the sound of a crisp 125 myself but im also a 200 pounder...you could get a decent 250 in the same price range and go alot faster and not have to wear out those left hand fingers on the clutch lever..lol

dude get a 250...200 pds? i love the sound of a crisp 125 myself but im also a 200 pounder...you could get a decent 250 in the same price range and go alot faster and not have to wear out those left hand fingers on the clutch lever..lol

125's have a clutch lever?

get an 03 or newer, the KX125 got the new frame and motor in 03.

04 got a few motor mods and cosmetic changes from then on.

IF you get the 125 you will want to consider changing gearing, add a tooth or 2 to the rear and look into pipes.

I was 180+ racing vet jr on an 03 KX125 and didn't do too bad. I am actually sure I was faster on the 125 than I am on the 250. note this if for MX not trail riding.

I was over jumping jumps I am having a hard time commiting to on the 250.

Thanks for info. Would like 03 or newer and hopefully it will be piped out and revalved, so all I need to do is respring and work with gearing.