Sign in to follow this  

Stupid Magazine Quote of the Month

I don't know which one is worse, Dirt bike with it's sophomoric grammar or MXA with it's condecending attitude, but MXA wins stupidest quote for March '09 with the caption on page 104.

"A bike isn't trick if it doesn't have aftermarket triple clamps".:banghead:

What are these guys; like 12 years old? This site should start a post to expose the nonsense spewed by motorcycle (especially dirt bike) magazines. Maybe it would help to raise the bar on motojournalism to the level beyond the current level of slightly embarassing entertainment.:)

Good thing I only read Dirt Rider. They are decent and usually own up if they make a mistake.

Dirt bike magazines exist to sell advertising.

Dave

Any publication . jmho

Dirt bike magazines exist to sell advertising.

Dave

Yep, I like it too.:) I've gotta subscription to everything, and I read every one cover to cover the day it shows up in the box. Wish they came every week. Dirt bike magazines are the only place in life I actually pay attention to the advertising. Doesn't surprise me that comment came from that mag. Their target audience likes that attitude.

I'm just an addict, been that way since age 4. Dad took me for a ride on the tank of a mini, 1972, Grangeville, ID. Much better than crack! :banghead:

Long ago , I used to get every darn bike mag I could . One magazine , dont remember which one , the common thought was that since they hardly ever let Honda lose a multi bike shoot out ,that something must be going on . Honestly , I felt they just may have had the best bikes . That stuff still go on ? Mags leaning towards certain brands ?

Long ago , I used to get every darn bike mag I could . One magazine , dont remember which one , the common thought was that since they hardly ever let Honda lose a multi bike shoot out ,that something must be going on . Honestly , I felt they just may have had the best bikes . That stuff still go on ? Mags leaning towards certain brands ?

That used to drive me nuts with car mags too. I was into Mopars and the HotRod magazine or any other generic mag only pitched a tent over Chevy and Ford respectively.

I haven't purchased a bike mag in years because they were all hot for Honda and basically had nothing interesting to say otherwise.

I think they are better now. The new Dirt Rider does a shootout of about every 450 offroader, japanese or not. Honda and KTM are doing most of the R&D these days. New gadgets/gizmos etc always get special attention.

I think they are better now. The new Dirt Rider does a shootout of about every 450 offroader, japanese or not. Honda and KTM are doing most of the R&D these days. New gadgets/gizmos etc always get special attention.

Yeah, I read the off-road 450 shootout. Many of the guys there seem to like the KTMs, but this year the Husaberg won, granted, it had a KTM engine, but with FI.

I like Dirt Rider because they seem to have the least amount of adds, the least BS, and writers with at least a high school education. :)