Sign in to follow this  

Buying a used 125... Good year?

I am in the market for a used 125 2T. I am looking in the price range of $1500-$2000. 2001-2006 (or as new as possible). What is a good year RM to look out for and why (frame/low end etc...). I am 200 lbs. 6'1" and will do some suspension work. I just want to get another 125 because every time I ride one I want it. Any issues to look out for or any tips appreciated!

Fairly major engine change in 04, but don't pass up and older one in good shape with low hours. Very few chnages after 04.

01 if you are on a budget, 03+ had better motors and suspension so def go with 03+ if you got the dough. I wouldn't buy older than an 01.

I would say that if you find one in good shape, i would get an 03 because it won some of the 125 shootouts in some mags, and it got 2nd in others behind the KTM SX 125. Oh, and get a Bill's Pipe and silencer for it, then it will really fly!!!

I would say that if you find one in good shape, i would get an 03 because it won some of the 125 shootouts in some mags, and it got 2nd in others behind the KTM SX 125. Oh, and get a Bill's Pipe and silencer for it, then it will really fly!!!

Good info. I have seen a couple around for good prices. Just sold my KTM 300 today so I am ready to start looking!

Def. get 01 or newer because that is when they gave the bikes a total makeover to "modernize" them. Again in 04 they changed up the engine some. Since 04, they haven't changed much. BTW I have an 03 and love it.

not sure about the later years, but I'm stoked on my 02! handles amazing:banana:

Picked up an '04 RM 125 last yr. with original rubber and some upgrades for $ 1,000. Very versitile machine. As stated before '04 or better.

Picked up an '04 RM 125 last yr. with original rubber and some upgrades for $ 1,000. Very versitile machine. As stated before '04 or better.

I would be all over that! Nothing like that in my area. yet.