Sign in to follow this  

Widest tire on a 2001 CR 250

What is the widest rear tire I can fit on my 2001 CR 250? I just purchased a 120/90/19 Mudville Sticky and it does not look like it will fit. It looks like it will catch on the chain.

Any input would be appreciated before I install it for nothing.

Jeff

i just got a 120/90/19 for my 02 i think it will fit if not ill shave a little bit down and make it fit! always remember that if man made it....man can make it work

I do remember thinking it would rub, although it was cool once on the bike. And I have an X-ring on too, which is a fairly wide chain.

emerybrian........i have an x-ring chain as well so did it rub without modification

The only time I've seen a tire hit a chain was a guy with a way too loose trashed stock chain.

nice good looking out! i wanted a 120/80/19 but it cost more

Talking about tire hitting the chain... on my new CRF450, running the tire that came on it, my chain rubbed on Saturday. Stock chain as well, which looks similar to what comes on a garage door opener. That stupid thing needs constant adjustment, and will find a new home in the garbage can shortly I think. Never happened on my 01' CR250 though, as the x-ring doesn't require constant adjustment.

yea i needed a chain one day before a ride so i went bought a DID no ring chain that thing was smoked in 2 rides and on the 3rd ride i snap it worst chain i ever bought i will only buy x ring chains now

yea i needed a chain one day before a ride so i went bought a DID no ring chain that thing was smoked in 2 rides and on the 3rd ride i snap it worst chain i ever bought i will only buy x ring chains now

Which one did you get? The $35 one? I was considering a non-x ring, as some guys say a good strong non-x-ring won't stretch like an OEM chain. I suspect you got an OEM style rubber-band strength chain.

Edit:

But I will do more research and stick with X-ring if I hear of other stories like yours.

yea all they had was the stocker....and it was a DID chain ever since i have been runnin rm atv/mc primary drive x-ring chains and steel sprockets and they have been lasting pretty good for how cheap they are!!!! i out one on my 250 and its going on a little over 2 years now in every terrain you can imagine with no hicups i pull it off every 3-4 rides and clean and re lube it thats it i think it was closer to 50$ for that crappy stocker and i got rocky mountains brand x-ring chain for about 60$