Sign in to follow this  

D100 is getting close

Pre-entry deadline is just 3 days a way... word is we have about 200 pre-entries already :)

Rumor has it there will be some new mileage for Sunday's race.

Tons of vendors and prizes this year!

The passes should be in great shape come race weekend and the conditions promise to be epic in Odessa.

If you are attending the White Knuckle the weekend before you have the option of leaving your RV in Odessa at the White Knuckle site for the week if you choose.

All things D100 related can be found here - http://stumpjumpers.org/desert-100/

SEE YOU HERE!!!!!!!!!!

45374259_vTDbb-XL-1.jpg

Anyone know how to speed up time!

Giddy-up!!!

I am partially packed and doing trailer prep/shakedown this weekend and some minor bike prep.

I have been a part of this event so many years and I still grin when I think about it. :)

2008 trail marking....

l_064a869c11c052cdb1e96d57c0fdf97d.jpg

Riverside maintennace 2008: Paving the 2007 bottleneck at the river...literally we dug out/boke up the infamous rock I pulled 100's of racers over and paved it with concrete. I wanted to paint a dotted yellow line...so it would be OK to pass. :banghead:

l_7458f163f901a85373f36652ad91710a.jpg

Riverside maintennace 2008: Paving the 2007 bottleneck at the river...literally we dug out/boke up the infamous rock I pulled 100's of racers over and paved it with concrete. I wanted to paint a dotted yellow line...so it would be OK to pass. :)

That rock created the bottleneck of 2005. A guy hit that rock, got pitched into the river. A few guys ahead of me stopped to help and 100's we're left waiting.

That rock created the bottleneck of 2005. A guy hit that rock, got pitched into the river. A few guys ahead of me stopped to help and 100's we're left waiting.
Now it is a freak'n freeway... :banghead: StumpJumpers. Paving the way to Flat Out Fun since 1967.

Same thing happened in 2007. Then everyone sitting in line was so spooked by the dang rock I pulled while sweepers pushed bikes over. It was kind of fun I was taking Hbars to the chest and pushing people away from the river. I was only knocked in once. Another time I jumped in after a kid as he whent in face first :) He came up gasping for air and FREAKED. His dad was on the bike behind him and was able to catch his kids bike as it hung on the bank was laughing so hard. I damn near couldn't get myself back up the bank after lifting the kid up and out.

Good times.

l_577bb16e3af53f686fbbe00dd2801027.jpg

I leave for Odessa in a weeks time!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

Oh I told the guy in the water in '07 that I would help him, but I had 500 other racers to take care of first. His bike was complete submerged. I wasn't going to hold up everyone else. He was fine, just water logged. lol His buddy showed up not to long after I did and stopped to help him up and out. So I didn't get a chance to help him.

Typical Stumpy work party -

2 guys working and 3 sitting on their asses:busted: Where's the beer?

Now it is a freak'n freeway... :usa: StumpJumpers. Paving the way Flat Out Fun since 1967.

Same thing happened in 2007. Then everyone sitting in line was so spooked by the dang rock I pulled while sweepers pushed bikes over. It was kind of fun I was taking Hbars to the chest and pushing people away from the river. Only knocked in once. I jumped in after a kid as he whent in face first :thumbsup: He came up gasping for air and FREAKED. His dad was on the bike behind him and caught the bike as it hung on the bank above his kid and was laughing so hard. I damn near couldn't get myself back up the bank after lifting the kid up and out.

Good times.

Rhino you rock! I rembember 06 when I made it a mere 3 miles and flatted out (after a 7 hr drive from vancouver) and had a great laugher watching you direct traffic over the creek with a stick. With some mixed luck I must add as some guys blew past you the wrong way only to return 5 min later wondering where to go.

That was as much fun as racing.

Very sad, i will miss the event for the first time in 20 years.

Doctors orders.

I'll be back riding soon.

Big Eric

Are we riding the same direction as we did in 07? Are there more bottle necks?? 08 went really good. THANKS STUMPIES FOR A GREAT RACE!!!!!!

Riverside maintennace 2008: Paving the 2007 bottleneck at the river...literally we dug out/boke up the infamous rock I pulled 100's of racers over and paved it with concrete. I wanted to paint a dotted yellow line...so it would be OK to pass. :thumbsup:

I can't believe so many people got hung up on that spot. it didn't seem that bad when i got to it. thanks for fixing it though!

Just got back...as mentioned early, good stuff...and it was raining yesterday and today leaving the ground in superb condition!

Just a word to the wise...keep those toes pointed in unless ya want to sample the sagebrush!

Couple of pics...nothing big, but something to whet the appetites. Sorry, all the other pics are highly classified:thumbsup:

Just pick a spot :thumbsup:

img00031200903211708.jpg

img00030200903211708e.jpg

Rhino you rock! I rembember 06 when I made it a mere 3 miles and flatted out (after a 7 hr drive from vancouver) and had a great laugher watching you direct traffic over the creek with a stick. With some mixed luck I must add as some guys blew past you the wrong way only to return 5 min later wondering where to go.

That was as much fun as racing.

I don't know where that old weathered lumber came from :usa: Must be a part of an old fence. I wasn't supposed to be there directing traffic all day either, but you have to react to events as they occure. :thumbsup:

Next time I am bringing a whistle and a bigger stick. :lol:

Very sad, i will miss the event for the first time in 20 years.

Doctors orders.

I'll be back riding soon.

Big Eric

Sorry Eric... Rest up!

Thanks for the support that CFC has provided to the race this year and year's past :thumbsup:

THE PRE REGISTRATION PERIOD IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED

Don't worry if you did not get it in... we had more pre entries this year than last year so the lines will be a little shorter and we have a kick ass registration / sign up team that work tirelessly to make sure we get you signed up at the event in timely fashion... my only advice is to bring an umbrella because if it rains we still expect you to wait in line:busted:

I am planning on lots of fun and lots of dust.

There was zero dust this past weekend... and raining HARD Sunday morning:thumbsup:

I'd still bet on some dust though:busted: