IT'S LIVE! Full Review 2019 Honda CRF450L!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Need Help finding a 3.25 or 3.5 X19 Trials Tire

I can't find a 3.25 or 3.5 X19 Trials Tire anywhere.

Can anyone help me find one?

Don

I can't find a 3.25 or 3.5 X19 Trials Tire anywhere.

Can anyone help me find one?

Don

Mitas supposedly makes one, but the US distributor doesn't carry or really know about it. They are the only manufacturer. Best bet is to install an 18" wheel. I went down this road with my SX.

its not even the same concept anyway, it wont have proper sidewall or wont get the same effect as a 18 inch

Sad but true. You'd need an 18" rim to run any decent trials tire, unless you happen to find that Mitas somewhere.

J.

I want a DOT Dual Sport 19" for the front end. I have a 3.5x17 C186 Cheng Shin on the rear.

Don

irc makes one, and i even believe that the c-186 also comes in either a 3.0-19 or a 2.75-19 i can't remember which :thumbsup:

Trials tires are in available in 18" only -

2 seasons ago - I bought a 18" wheel that fits both my CR250 & my CRF450 and it's been a great way to go - traction is incredible

Vee rubber makes a 2.5 19 trials tire and is DOT cert. It's a much better TRIALS tire than the ChengShin's. The actual cross section of the footprint is much wider than the equivalent ChengShin, but its not a 3.25 - but I bet in Cheng Shin terms its close.

Doesnt Dunlop make a 19" tire also. I believe vintage enthusiats that have 19" wheels like Greeves and Ariels run them. IIRC I saw something on TC about it.

remember fellas the FRONT tires of the Suzuki TS and Yamaha DT were 19" untl about 1973 when they all went to 21" Cheng shin has discontinued the 3.00 X 19 they had, and now shinko (formerly yokohama) offers a 2.75 X19. Other than that ebay.... and pay .... ick.

ya know not to say they were correct - back in the day but ... Suzuki and Yamaha both ran 19" front ends on the early "enduro" bikes, later 21"... I think this is what the fellow that started this thread may have been looking for....

Check with Vee Rubber. They make the best 19" front trials tire that are used on the GasGas 80's with the 17/19 wheelsets. If I recall, its labeled a 2.75, but it is wider than all the others ive seen at 2.75.

for those of us restoring vintage bikes, the old suzuki's came with a front 19" wheel, 3.25 X19 is as rare as hens teeth.

Shinko (previously Yokohama) makes a 3.50 X 19 and a 2.75 X 19.

Check out tiresunlimited dot com