Sign in to follow this  

Paying Homage to Our "Mom and Pops" Husky "go-to" businesses

This thread inspired me to write this and some of my experieces on Husky forums as well as my recent Husky purchases and some lessons I have learned.

There are few businesses that have been husky faithful through less popular times and have built there businesses to fit a smaller niche: a few I hear about all the time that have provide great support are: UPTITE, MOTOSPORTZ, TASKYS, MOTOXOTICA, OFG, LTR, BMWATLANTA, HALLS Husky, Ferracci….. those are off the top of my head (sorry if I missed any) and I am a new husky owner. Notice also that websites aren’t cheap and you will notice a difference between BIG WALYMART type ones and the smaller ones- but I bet you can talk to the owner on email, PM, or on the phone with the smaller ones.

As Husky’s are more and more popular with BMW’s marketing- more and more aftermarket parts company’s will appear and OEM distributors. Soon the Walymarts of motorcycling will have husky parts. These smaller businesses are good people- and are like our “mom and pops” businesses… But call one of those big Suppliers or Companies and ask a question about a “new product” or need, or a problem… and talk to a phone monkey and see if you don’t then call one of the other guys!

I understand that if you haven’t been on TT long or much but if you take what I have mentioned into perspective you can tell what I am talking about… I can buy groceries in the Big city for cheaper or I can support my local grocery store, which is what I do- not just when I run out of milk…

Example- I called Uptite Racing yesterday and ordered parts- not a lot but what I can afford right now, George (the owner) answered the phone after 2 rings. He made numerous suggestions about my new 09TE450 as if he cared. I didn’t ask any questions that led him to believe he needed to spend that time with me. Then I asked him questions about break in and EFI and all sorts f things since he seemed to want to make sure I knew what my original dealer may not have told me as a new owner… I don’t have any Idea how much shipping is going to cost me or anything I didn’t ask- and frankly I don’t care. Not because I am made of money- but because I care what I do with it and who and what I spend it on, and that conversation was worth more than the shipping is going to cost me. George is the man!

I want to Thank these companies:worthy:

if anyone has more of these companies to add to the list I missed put them doun or share your experiences. :)

• Like 1

ERIK's In Pasadena, CAlif.

UPTITE Is the God Father Of Husqvarna Off Road RAcing

George @ Uptite is fantastic, he rebuilt my motor last year and it has been flawless and strong. I've had great results with Hall's too.

Hats off to Taskys Metric Cycle home of the amazing DEMO DAYS rides. Who does that? Piles of huskys on a private track to try out all day long, free stuff, food. Love those guys. :)

BTW Demo days are coming up.

Taskys

LTR

Halls

Uptite

Bills

many more.

Nice post.

I've felt this way too! I've ordered from Uptite (and ridden with George in Baja, BABY!), a ton of stuff from Motosportz (and ridden with Kelly - who's always asking me to ride!), Halls, Motoxotica, Tasky's (Jeff is great at keeping my bike up to snuff - Best Husky shop by far) and hopefully someday LTR and 7602 Racing! Keep up the great work.

David

• Like 1

Bottone's is number one in my book. A nice mom and pop, old fashioned dirt bike shop. I came to Fran after dealing with a not so good Husky shop for years, what a difference. George at Up-Tite always has time for me and has helped Fran and Harvey at Bottones many times. Tasky's, Hall's, Motoxotica and a few others have always been great to me. All the best dealers helped each other out when parts got a little thin during the switch from Cagiva USA to Husqvarna-Motorcycle NA. :thumbsup:

Forgot about Fran, he has always been EZ to do biz with. :thumbsup:

I have talked to George over the phone when Iwas looking for number plates,I got a very good unbiased opnion on diferent topics. And I have bought and picked Kellys brain (bugged him) with a ton of newbie questions e-mails and got anwsers with matters of minutes im most cases.

Bought the front numberplate from halls, got it in hand within 3 days, same with motosportz.

It's funny how people who never ridden or owned a husky are so fast to say that I'm doomed, "good luck finding parts for that thing".

And the dealer where I bought the bike from, Eddie's vintage cycle in New Hampshire, VERY nice people, Couldn't be happier with them as well!!!

On the non-dealer side..... Motosportz's Kelly (Ride here) is a real Husky enthusiast and great guy with cool products. Same for 7062 and OFG Racing. If Huskys get more mainstream and the big companies start punching out product, remember these guys were here when things were scarce.:thumbsup:

I totally agree, Mom and Pop cycle shops are the best. That is why I buy all my stuff from MotoXotica despite the

fact that there's a Husky dealer about three miles from my

house in Sac. They're not really a Husky dealer meaning

they've always been Kawasaki and Suzuki but later added

Husky and Aprilla. Shortly after I got my Husky I wanted to

do an oil change so I went to the local place and was asking

the kid at the parts counter what oil he would recommend

and he sent me to the service manager. Asked her and she

went and asked the mechanic, so finally I got an answer then went back to the parts counter to get an oil filter. They

did not have one in stock. Went home called Dan at MotoXotica and of course he had them and was actually able

to get them shipped that day. From that day on they get all

my business even though their store is 45 minutes away in

Vacaville I know anything I need is just a phone call away.

Jerry in Sac

http://www.keytimemotorsports.com/ Dealer in Warren Wisconsin has some great guys there. I think they started being a husky dealer last year. The also have GAsGas. Lotsa off road racing history from those guys in D16 very supportive to clubs and events. Its a 3 man shop. I have spent way too much time picking their brains on the phone. Great guys. Very happy to have them here even if they are 1.5 hours from me.

Bottone's is number one in my book. A nice mom and pop, old fashioned dirt bike shop.
I'll second that. I was actually over there a couple days ago and spent over $200 on some stuff. I probably could have got most of the stuff threw the local pain in the butt dealer in my own town but I'll drive an hour just to have good customer service like Bottone's has. I would also like to Thank George from Uptite for his impeccable knowledge about these bikes and Kelly from Motosportz for his great service and great products.

Can't forget Upstate Cycle in Greenville, SC or Toytech in Grantville, PA. I've done business with both and will do business with both again! Both shops remind me of the old Hodaka dealer my Dad did business with in he 60's in Sacramento, PA... Small, friendly, helpful and down-to-earth.

Down here in San Diego, Paul at GP Cycles has been great. Excellent engine rebuilder, he made our team break down free throughout the 2006/2007 Score race season. Not one DNF for mechanical reasons in 4 long distance Score races, 3 BITD races, the 06 Tecate 250, and numerous D-38 desert races on the TC450 and TC/TE 510s.:thumbsup:

Here's a second nomination for Toy Tech. Scott and Chris are knowledgable and very helpful.

Here's a second nomination for Toy Tech. Scott and Chris are knowledgable and very helpful.
Yes indeed! I call Chris many times per month for advice and tips. Great shop!

Ditto for Upstate Cycle in Greenville, SC. Gerald, Mike, Charlie and Tyler are all great to deal with and will take time to answer questions.