Sign in to follow this  

Astars or Gaerne

Time for new boots and looking for a good mid-level boot.The Alpinestars Tech 7 and the Gaerne Fastback seem to be the top contenders. Any feedback on either of these boots would be appreciated. 50/50 mix on moto and off-road riding. I have Tech 6's now and they are OK but looking for something with just a little more feel....Thanks

check the review section about thesee boots, but in my opinion id take gaerne

I got a pair of Astars Tech 7's. They are super comfy , BUT they wear fast. I got 45 hrs on mine and the sides are starting to unglue and got hairline cracks all over the toebox area.

I rate try get a pair of Astar tech8s. The tech 7's have excellent feel ,but have the same issues of the tech10.

I have SG10's so I cant tell you the feel of those boots but I have ALOT of riding time on my Gearne's and they show 0 wear. Exellent quality, Astars seem to be going down hill while their prices go up.

I have SG10's so I cant tell you the feel of those boots but I have ALOT of riding time on my Gearne's and they show 0 wear. Exellent quality, Astars seem to be going down hill while their prices go up.

True that. I love my sg10s

You will find that Alpinestars put more dollars into marketing, so you'll 'see' more about them. But don't sell Gaerne short, they are a top notch boot. I wear their roadrace boots and love 'em. Would by the dirt version next time I'm in the market for those, too.

I have the Gaerne SG10's and I love them cause there wide, and I gots wide feet.

I had a pair of fastbacks, great boots for the price. I really don't have any complaints with them, I outgrew them and found a great deal on lightly used Tech 10s so I moved to those but honestly I don't see what makes the Tech 10s worth much more than the Fastbacks. I would highly recommend them.

If quality is important,GAERNE is the boot!! If you want a boot that will last get the GAERNE's! The fastback is a great choice as is the sg10!havent got to try the sg12 yet,but have heard it kicks serious booty!

Check into these. http://www.formaboots.com/site/scheda_prodotto.php?categoria=mx_trial_supermotard&id=111 Available here: http://www.atomic-moto.com/servlet/the-34/Forma-Dominator-Motocross-Boots/Detail

I personally have SG10's and they are the bomb but a couple dudes I ride with swear by these Formas. By the looks, they are some damn good and well-constructed boots.

I wear Tech 7s and I absolutely love them. I've never had a problem, they've held up great and are very comfortable.

Check into these. http://www.formaboots.com/site/scheda_prodotto.php?categoria=mx_trial_supermotard&id=111 Available here: http://www.atomic-moto.com/servlet/the-34/Forma-Dominator-Motocross-Boots/Detail

I personally have SG10's and they are the bomb but a couple dudes I ride with swear by these Formas. By the looks, they are some damn good and well-constructed boots.

They almost look like a copy of the sg 10's with more bling! Nice looking boots!

I have tech 7's and though they have zero wear, and are super comfortable, Id take the Gaerne's just because they would be cheaper and look better, and Ive heard good things about them.

But sadly, no one around here carries any. :thumbsup:

The only thing I hate about my Tech 7's is that the buckles are a pain to close, other than that I really like the feel of the boot and the fact that the molded on sole does not catch on anything.