Sign in to follow this  

XR650R Fuel Screw Stuck

I crashed my XRR last July and broke my leg. The bike sat until this month and it wasn't winterized :banghead: (give me a break I could barely walk). I've cleaned all of the jets, but when I tried to back out the fuel screw the head snapped off and now I'm not sure how to get it out. :) Any ideas on removing it?

I don't have the money or time to swap to an aftermarket carb right now, and not riding for 8 months is starting to have an impact on my mental health.

I know I could get that from a supply house, but does anyone know if Home Depot sells them that small?

I got an extractor kit from Lowes and the smallest bit should be able to grab it

Maybe you got lucky and it is set were you need it.

Unfortunately no. I think there is some gunk on the needle end of it, and the only sure fire way to clean it is to remove it. I have an extractor I'm going to try in the morning. Wish me luck.

The extractor worked like a champ, and she started on the first kick once I cleaned the hole and installed a new fuel screw. Thanks everyone, I honestly have no idea what I would do without you guys.