Sign in to follow this  

Loosing weight/weight watchers

Well I have been trying to loose weight for at least 2 years. I was 190 and pretty fit then over the past 2 years stress and whatever I gained 20 lbs. I planned on really trying to loose over the winter but with economy and more stress I gained another 10. I fluctuated be between 215 and 220. Well my sister in law went on weight watchers and lost 34 lbs in 3 months. Well I was convinced and asked her to help me do it. the first week she told me just to eat normal but to write down everything I eat. I did and it was ok but Weight watchers works on points And I am at 35 but I went from 20 one day to 40 the next, No continuity. So 2 weeks ago I started and wrote down everything I ate, and you cannot belive how much food you get to eat, basically anything but in modaration. Writing down what you eat and the points gives you such a sence of control it is so easy. Now remember this is only 2 weeks I went from 220 to 208:banana: . I have not felt this good in a long time I cant wait to loose more. If you were ever thinking of doing weight watchers do it.:)

eating 500 cal under maintenance of healthy stuff, or if your really into it 40% protein 40% cars 20% fat and no sugar. For your weight, try 2000 calories a day with exercise 4 days a week and guarenteed weight loss. If you want to kick it up a notch try try bonkaid/caffeine lol. Thats if your real real serious and know how much of each nutrient you get to the penny.

My wife has done wt. watchers twice with great results...However, both times she gained it all back plus some. Damn!

Yes my wife is a lifetime member and does not seem any thinner double dam,lol. Well it is working for me but I have a purpose, instead of spending all kinds of money to make my bike faster I just loose weight which will make me faster, less fat to lug around and is healthier to boot. Plus loosing the weight is makeing me happy.

Weight watchers works great for women. However for men u need to boost your metabolism if you want to loose serious weight. The safest way to do this is by taking 1600 mg of green tea per day, coupled with 20-30 min of cardio exercise. This works for everyone! Just don't use diet pills. I used diet pills for 7 years to maintain a lightweight and at 26 was diagnosed with high blood pressure. then when i got off the pills and maintained my workout i still gained 40 lbs in 3 months. Switched to the green tea diet and i've lost 20 of the 40 over the last month.

Here is blurb from an article in Men's Health Mag.

"Some beliefs are painfully slow to perish, like the one that declares intense aerobic exercise is the best method for burning fat. "This misconception could be what's keeping you from a lean physique," says Michael Mejia, M.S., C.S.C.S., a Men's Health exercise advisor. The reason is simple: "Most men invest their energy in exercise that boosts their caloric expenditure only while they're working out," says Mejia. For example, a 45-minute spin on a stationary bike or a moderate jog through a park. Resistance training, on the other hand, elevates your metabolism for up to 48 hours afterward. So it pays fat-loss dividends long after your workout ends. And, turns out, lifting weights is highly underrated for burning calories during your session, too. A recent study from the University of Southern Maine found that an intense weight-training session burns as many as 71 percent more calories than previously thought -- putting it on par with aerobic exercise."

Diet, more than anything else, works for EVERYONE! I have never heard of taking green tea. Do you mean in pill form? What is it that green tea does to make you lose weight?

Diet, more than anything else, works for EVERYONE! I have never heard of taking green tea. Do you mean in pill form? What is it that green tea does to make you lose weight?

Its a diuretic (sp). Green tea helps you lose water weight.

I call B.S. on the green tea. Sure it my have aided in some fat loss, but 20lbs my ass. Green tea won't help you burn an extra 100,000 cals a month.

Weight Watchers will definetly help you reduce your calorie intake to help you lose the wieght. The problem with Weight Watchers and most diets is none of them say a word about maintaining the weight loss afterwards.

If you want to stay healthy for life you must:

1. Eat balanced natural low fat meals.

2. Resistance Train to build/maintain lean muscle.

3. Elevate your heart rate 20-30 minutes per day.

4. Get the daily rest your body requires.

5. Keep your body hydrated with water.

• Like 1

Weight loss is a subject that effects almost everyone at some point in life,I have tried diets and pills, even ww. I now just watch what I eat, exercise regular, plenty of water. I have found this thread to be the very helpfull and hope it can help others.

:thumbsup: Green tea boosts your metabolism. It doesn't help you loose weight if you eat 3 cheeseburgers a day. As for the 20 lbs I workout 5 days a week and i run for fat burn not cardio. Weight loss doesn't happen for those who think replacing one mcdonalds meal for a subway meal a day is a drop enough to loose weight.

Just follow weight watchers plan you will loose the weight. 3 weeks ago I was wearing 38 paints I tried on a pair of 36 Mx paints I have not fit in in 3 years and they fit. I feel so much better not lugging my big gut around and it shows on the track also, have so much more energy. Hey I am the proof.

Great thread!

I race motocross and being over 35 I know how crucial it is to keep the weight down, I'm not a fitness freak by any means however what is important to me is not just keeping the weight down but to keep the body fat down, I have had some great success with a product called Max WLX which is none stimulant body fat reducer, I've been taking this product for a month now and have lost 9 lbs of body fat.:thumbsup:

I am a little over 3 1/2 weeks and lost 16 pounds, 220 to 204. It feels great.